ISO Ronco Rotisserie Uses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Many years ago, I was given a Ronco "Set It And Forget It" 4000 series. It sat in the basement, never used, until I was gathering stuff for a neighborhood yard sale. I decided not to sell it, as I'd probably only make a few bucks, and it goes for $100+ online.

I went through some old threads about it here, and apparently it's a great machine. It also takes up a lot of space.

My question, aside from rotissing poultry, how do others use their rotisseries? Any TNT recipes? Thanks!

Many years ago, I was given a Ronco "Set It And Forget It" 4000 series. It sat in the basement, never used, until I was gathering stuff for a neighborhood yard sale. I decided not to sell it, as I'd probably only make a few bucks, and it goes for $100+ online.

I went through some old threads about it here, and apparently it's a great machine. It also takes up a lot of space.

My question, aside from rotissing poultry, how do others use their rotisseries? Any TNT recipes? Thanks!

I guess you don't remember the tv ads :ohmy:. You can do small roasts, fish, burgers, sausages etc. if you still have the attachments for the spindle.

Andy M. said:
I guess you don't remember the tv ads :ohmy:. You can do small roasts, fish, burgers, sausages etc. if you still have the attachments for the spindle.

Oh, I remember. But it's been a loooong time!

I'm glad you didn't sell it. Those rotisseries are fantastic.
Talk about a long lasting appliance. I've had miner for 8 probably + years now. It still works just as good today as it did when those commercials first came out. It's used often here. 2 to 3 times a week. I haven't even had to replace the light bulb. if you don't have some of the attachments they can be replaced. Go to the Ronco website.

A 10-12 Lb turkey fits perfectly in the unit that I have. They can't be stuffed.

No more dried out roasts around here. Perfectly browned, juicy, tender. Season as you want and go. The clean up is so easy.
Chickens.. (No puns intended here) cook so evenly it's a sin. My husband can't resist my rotisserie chicken. 2 can be cooked at a time with the one I have.

Mine didn't come with the steamer tray. It didn't break my heart either. I place an aluminum pan on top of the unit. Add a little water to the bottom. Rack the pre seasoned veggies. Place a piece of foil over it. Poke a few small vent holes. I'm set. I've made complete dinners with that toy... If it ever breaks knock wood. It's one of those appliance you replace. Roasted potatoes are awesome cooked in it.

I tried once. Mind you I said once. Tried to make burgers in it. Like the picture showed. Uhhhh, that doesn't work. So ok instead of having a burger. I had ground beef..:LOL:

I think, haven't tried it out for myself yet. A tied pork butt would cook up nicely in it. I know a pork roast does.

So how's that for starters? Careful how you answer that. The Brevellians are watching. :angel:

Munky.

Thanks Munky! Gotta get my rear in gear and just use the thing. We occasionally buy rotisserie chickens from the store, apparently this is even better! I still have all the stuff that came with it.

Last edited:
Pineapple

i was watching steven raichlen on primal grill the other evening,i do think he is brilliant but doesn't it drive you bonkers every time he tastes his food & utters that short,sharp "umm" of delight:wacko:!
any road up as we say over here,he rotiss'd a whole,peeled pineapple dredged in a ground cinnamon/clove/sugar mixture.not tried it yet but,as pineapple is one of my favs,i'm going to give it a go in my countertop oven/rotiss with the addition of some very finely chopped red chilli.
oh yeah,he IS a dead ringer for ned flanders isn't he:LOL:!

Last edited:
Harry Cobean said:
i was watching steven raichlen on primal grill the other evening,i do think he is brilliant but doesn't it drive you bonkers every time he tastes his food & utters that short,sharp "umm" of delight:wacko:!
any road up as we say over here,he rotiss'd a whole,peeled pineapple dredged in a ground cinnamon/clove/sugar mixture.not tried it yet but,as pineapple is one of my favs,i'm going to give it a go in my countertop oven/rotiss with the addition of some very finely chopped red chilli.
oh yeah,he IS a dead ringer for ned flanders isn't he:LOL:!

Oh yum, pineapple! I'll have to do this!

I have one

:chef: I also have one, I have used it for Salmon steaks, a semi boneless leg of lamb ( that I marinated prior ) pieces of chicken, grilled veggies for fajitas, I would say you can do just about anything that you would use your BBQ roisterer for. Enjoy it and have some fun with it.

Debbie Hasbrouck said:
:chef: I also have one, I have used it for Salmon steaks, a semi boneless leg of lamb ( that I marinated prior ) pieces of chicken, grilled veggies for fajitas, I would say you can do just about anything that you would use your BBQ roisterer for. Enjoy it and have some fun with it.

Thanks Debbie! I gotta figure out where to keep it. The basement is a great place to forget stuff....

Back
Top Bottom