$450 pizza sold in Canadian restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
$450 pizza sold in Canadian restaurant | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

From link:

The Vancouver eatery has already sold one of the $450 pies and seven other orders for a $120 version. "I never thought I'd sell so many," Hatami said.

So what exactly do you get on a $450 pizza? Specifically, the high-end meal known as the "C6" comes topped with a thermidor of lobster and black Alaska cod and a side of Russian osetra caviar.

Meanwhile, The Global News adds that the $120 version is topped with roasted garlic, Icelandic scampi, smoked steelhead and lobster ratatouille.

When a cheapo large pizza from Papa Johns will just not do....

Travel Channel has these food shows like best places to chow down. I don't remember the show title, but it was a count down on pizza places. Number 1 was a place in NY that served a pizza with different caviars for $1K. The radio show that I heard about the Canadian place also mentioned some Russian pizza that was $4200.00.

Last edited:
I have had pizza 3 times in Canada and I was not impressed at all.
No offence but the ones I have had just didn't get it. Most meals I ate were great but the pizza was a different creature. The sauce was sweet and the sausages weren't quite right. The balance of flavors were not like anything I was used to either. I rember the crusts being pretty oily too.

I am sure if you grew up with it is what you know just like me. It is just different than pizza in the states.

In my usual choice of restaurants that $450 would buy me about 20-25 dinners (excluding beverage).

I like pizza but not $450 worth at one sitting, even if that's dinner for two.

Back
Top Bottom