Fave Animated Character 2012 & As Kid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: Buonasera,

As we take our pens or keyboards in hand, we shall embark on a trip into the 20th century ... Who were your fave animated cartoon characters ? Looney Tunes ? Disney ? Drop us a reply and let us know ... :cool: ;)

Look forward to hearing from you once again ...

My faves as a child: Disney in general ... I have always been veered to animals, thus Disney for example: Bambi, the Dalmations, Lion King ...

However, if I were to move right along into the 21st Millennium: The Avatar and Garfield ...

Have a lovely Father´s Day and
nice weekend. Ciao,
Margaux Cintrano

Growing up, my parents had illogical warped religious ideas. We could read Sunday Newspaper comics, but No Comc Books allowed. So Dick Tracy and Little Orphan Annie Yes, Davy Crockett and the Archies No. That didn’t keep me or my brother from hiding places. And comics could easily be traded with friends at / or after school.

My favorites were Superman and mostly cowboys like the Lone Ranger .

However we were allowed tv cartoons, probably because Disney was ok.
I like some already listed and will add Road Runner cartoons in with them.

Betty Boop -- mucho background music was by Cab Callaway. Didn’t know this as a child. Worth a Rewind and look at again today .

I probably wouldn’t be let off the hook without stating, I like Robert Crumb’s characters, including my namesake picture at the left, Mr Natural. Here’s an autobiographical cartoon sequence he did about music album covers he made for re-issues. I like this kind of music, which is neither here nor there, it seems to go together for me.

R. Crumb: The Complete Record Cover Collection - YouTube

Growing up, my parents had illogical warped religious ideas. We could read Sunday Newspaper comics, but No Comc Books allowed. So Dick Tracy and Little Orphan Annie Yes, Davy Crockett and the Archies No. That didn’t keep me or my brother from hiding places. And comics could easily be traded with friends at / or after school.

My favorites were Superman and mostly cowboys like the Lone Ranger .

However we were allowed tv cartoons, probably because Disney was ok.
I like some already listed and will add Road Runner cartoons in with them.

Betty Boop -- mucho background music was by Cab Callaway. Didn’t know this as a child. Worth a Rewind and look at again today .

I probably wouldn’t be let off the hook without stating, I like Robert Crumb’s characters, including my namesake picture at the left, Mr Natural. Here’s an autobiographical cartoon sequence he did about music album covers he made for re-issues. I like this kind of music, which is neither here nor there, it seems to go together for me.

R. Crumb: The Complete Record Cover Collection - YouTube
What did your folks think of Gasoline Alley?

Anything Miyazaki/Ghibli studios puts out is great.I enjoy them as much as the kids.
My favorites are probably Porco Rosso,Totoro and Graveyard of the Fireflys.

When I was a kid I liked Pink Panther,Chilly Willy,Klondike Cat and Dudley Doright.

I was asked that question by an AT&T rep a few weeks ago and I couldn't come up with an answer. Being an account security question there's no way I could have come up with the same answer if presented with the same question months down the line. :)

I was asked that question by an AT&T rep a few weeks ago and I couldn't come up with an answer. Being an account security question there's no way I could have come up with the same answer if presented with the same question months down the line. :)
In the spirit of the rigamarole nature of security questions the use of a 'common' word (e.g. scata) can be used as a workaround response.

Anything Miyazaki/Ghibli studios puts out is great.I enjoy them as much as the kids.
My favorites are probably Porco Rosso,Totoro and Graveyard of the Fireflys.
OMG I wasn't even going to post in this topic until I read your reply! I'm a really enthusiastic Hiyao Miyizaki fan!

My favorites:

Spirited Away (my first ever Miyazaki movie, a mind blower!)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke

I guess I liked cartoons when I was a kid but these Miyazaki epics can be appreciated by any age from 9-90.

Part of my appreciation of Miyazaki (and Ghibli Studios which has produced several of his works) is that the animation is such an art feast. The art in this kind of anime just boggles my mind.

Road Runner and Wyle E. Coyote then and now!

I second that!
I also loved Disney as a kid. PAG could tell you. My Little Mermaid obsession was a bit painful for the rest of my family when I was a wee one. I like lots of cartoon characters, though.

Some of my favorites:
Calvin and Hobbs
The characters from the online comic "Count Your Sheep"
Jack-jack from the Incredibles
Max from the original animated Grinch movie

i think we're getting confused between cartoon strips and animation.

either way, i can't count how many old animated cartoon characters i loved. i've watched cartoons my whole life, except for the realistic japanese anime stuff. i prefer silliness, wise cracks, and innuendo, not more drama.

in this, i'm now a big fan of mordecai and rigby, skips, pops, and muscle man from "regular show".

and finn and jake, marcelene, bubblegum princess, lumpy space princess, and the ice king from "adventure time".

i like the new looney tunes. it's more centered around a self absorbed daffy duck, and it's really funny. the only difference between the characters of the 60's and today is they made the balloon house-dressed witch with the tiny boots and frizzy hair too have the voice of a wise cracking african american woman. all other characters are the same.

i also like the show "total drama island", and "total drama: revenge of the island". it's "survivor" in cartoon form, for kids.

if you have 7 to 10 year olds, ask them what i mean. i'm a big hit at boring cub scout meetings because i can do the voices of skips, pops, and lumpy space princess perfectly, usually making fun of what is so boring, lol. the kids eat it up and are shocked that an old guy knows their thing. :mrgreen:

i still like "spongebob", and of course, "the simpsons". and "family guy".

i only recently got into "south park". i became a fan with the mormom episode. dum dum dum dum dummmmm. (sorry chief longwind).

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot. I looooove Cheese from Foster's Home for imaginary friends. And Coco. And Eduardo. And Mac. Ok, so almost everyone from the show. It's actually my favorite; I can't believe I didn't mention it in my earlier post.

I used to watch Deputy Dawg, Heckle and Jeckle, Huckleberry Hound and all his crew,
Popeye, and, of course, all the Warner Bros. bunch.
I am a big fan of Robert Crumb as well.
I just can't seem to figger out how to appreciate some of the newer offerings this day and time.

Road Runner and Wyle E. Coyote then and now!

+1 Just thinking about those two makes me laugh. All I can think of when I think of them is ACME "something," most especially dynamite.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Today's animated offerings are just too either brain-numbing stupid or violent for me.

Just give me some plain, old silly slapstick animation and I'm happy.

Disney characters were my favorite growing up. My mom would take me to Disney movies, and my dad would take me to Star Wars.

I was wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt last night, I went to a movie night at a friend's house and their 18 month old kid was wearing the same shirt. He comes over as if he is possessed and points at my shirt, I kneel down and he says "mucka mush" and wanted everyone to see that we had the same shirt on, LOL! It was really cute.

OMG I wasn't even going to post in this topic until I read your reply! I'm a really enthusiastic Hiyao Miyizaki fan!

My favorites:

Spirited Away (my first ever Miyazaki movie, a mind blower!)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke

I guess I liked cartoons when I was a kid but these Miyazaki epics can be appreciated by any age from 9-90.

Part of my appreciation of Miyazaki (and Ghibli Studios which has produced several of his works) is that the animation is such an art feast. The art in this kind of anime just boggles my mind.

I would rather watch any of them over the new Disney stuff. Nausicaa is a great one. I like them all so it is hard to pick favorites. Have you seen Arietty yet. We saw it in the theatres and it was just as good as any of the others. I have the entire collection on DVD. There are some box sets you can get for cheap on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom