My First Lime Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
My first ever Lime Pie. Not a key lime pie as I can't get Key limes - mine were persian via Brazil to England. :)

I used Margi's mums recipe but I halved the amount (to fit in my tin) and I didnt put a topping on, I liked it just the way it was. Seen some with toppings and decided against it. I also didnt add any extra sugar as I thought it was sweet enough with the conny onny.

Anyway it tastes divine. Where has this pie been all my life??? So easy to do and its my new favourite.

Smashing! :yum:

Attachments

• Lime Pie.jpg
    Lime Pie.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 279
Gravy Queen: Its Gorgeous !

:yum: Gravy Queen,

Looks stunning ... Thanks so much for your feedback. :chef:

I shall definitely call my Mom Eva later today and tell her. I am sure she shall be very pleased to hear ...

Have a lovely Sunday.
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
Gravy Queen: I certainly shall

Gravy Queen,

I certainly shall give her your lovely message ...

She was quite a Baker in her day. Of course, she was born in Basel, Switzerland and is of French Swiss origins. She had given me this hand written huge notebook of all her baked treats ...

I have been translating them, however, my Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are alot better than my Swiss German or French. My younger daughter Nathalia has a Proficiency in German and lives in Zürich so she has been assisting with another thick, hand written notebook of her specialties she served when I was a child.

When, I go over to Puglia for a few weeks, I shall try and knock off some more of her cakes, pies and cookie recips, and post a few of them ...

All my best for a lovely day.
Margi. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Dawgluver. My edges are a bit raggedy but thats the hazard of working with gluten free biscuits, my base is gluten free digestives (digestives being our equivalent of graham crackers).

I wouldn't worry about it not being a 'key lime' pie. Even chefs will tell you because they are so tiny, using key limes would require that you use almost three times the amount of using your regular limes that you find in your grocery store. If you are lucky, you may get all of two tablespoons of juice from just one key lime.

Your pie looks just devine. Looks like company is coming. :chef::chef:

That lime pie looks stunning GQ, fabulous effort :)

I was wondering if you could use lemon instead of lime...or even orange?

I too would love the recipe :)

Last edited:
Cheers Andy and Fiona :)

We have lemon and orange trees but no limes :LOL:

So we were thinking one of the other citrus would be good to use as we have an abundance of those 2 fruits right now

I will PM Margi and see if I can have this wonderful recipe :)

Mexico has tons of limes, but no lemons. We go down several times a year. A friend had me bring down a bottle of Realemon Juice. Huh? When you have all those beautiful limes?

Last edited:
Kylie: Eva´s Key Lime Recipe Is In Pie Section

:yum: Buon Giorno Kylie,

It is my pleasure to give you the recipe ... It is also located in the Pie Section and please note: use 14 ounces Condensed milk ... I used two cartons, 6.5 Oz. Each as I am in Madrid at moment, thus, measurements are a bit different.

Yes, Eva also made a lemon one that was quite lovely too ... I do agree that a tangerine and an orange would be nice too ...

Lemons: I am not at the Loft at the moment, I am at the magazine Office, thus, do not have Eva´s Recipes here; however, since Lemons do tend to be larger than Limes; I believe, an adjustment may be necessary, as the amount of limes to the amount of lemons due to size ---

If you have any more further questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks for your very lovely note that I received this morning.

;) :cool: Have a lovely Monday,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I get it!! I get the Key Lime thing now! I caught an episode of Man V Food and he was in Florida enjoying a mighty fine looking Key Lime pie, I got to see what those little limes looked like (looked more yellowy and the pie did too). I can understand what you all mean now. I must try it next time with the big meringue topping, it did look good.

Gravy Queen,

Meringue ... I shall have to fly to Liverpool for a tasting !

I have a Lemon Meringue --- would you like me to post it for you ?

Have a lovely evening,
Ciao. Margi.

Back
Top Bottom