Profile Comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi,

I am new here and have been setting things up in my control panel.

I cannot seem to get profile commenting to appear on my profile page.

I have enabled profile commenting in the Edit Options section but it is still not showing.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you :)

Hi,

I am new here and have been setting things up in my control panel.

I cannot seem to get profile commenting to appear on my profile page.

I have enabled profile commenting in the Edit Options section but it is still not showing.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thank you :)

I just left you a profile comment.

Thanks very much Fiona :)

One other question while I am here

I keep receiving emails whereas I have selected in the options Do not subscribe.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Thanks very much Fiona :)

One other question while I am here

I keep receiving emails whereas I have selected in the options Do not subscribe.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Let me take a look and see what I can do. BRB!

Everything looks right. If it continues to happen, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page to get the Help Desk and I can then pass it on to the real computer geeks.

Click on User CP to find subscribed threads. If you have posted to the thread, you need to unsubscribe so you won't continue to get emails.

Thanks Zhizara :)

I did that last night, clicked on Unsubscribe for a few of them and have just done the same now.

Do I need to go into that section and click unsubscribe every time I post?

Since you have it set for do not subscribe, it shouldn't happen for new threads you post to.

No worries Fiona, I will just keep a check on it and if I receive any emails from new threads, then I will use the "Contact Us" link

Thanks for all your help, most appeciated :)

I had the same thing happen when I joined the forum. The forum default is set to (1) subscribe to every topic that you post within, and (2) notify you by email whenever there are any replies.

#1 is good, #2 not so good. I had about 150 emails waiting the first time I checked my email (every few days). I deleted them but I still got many dozens of email notifications.

I finally figured it out. You have to go to your notifications page and select every topic that has email notification set, and change them to not email. Even if you change your default setting it will only apply to new topics. The only you can fix this is to go over all old topics you posted in and change every one to "no email notification."

I eventually got it set that I receive no more emails from the forum.

Thank you very much Greg :)

Your post has been very helpful and I will go and check a few things now

I am glad to hear that you got yours sorted out, 150 emails at a time, not great :LOL:

My problem was related to topic replies. I'm not sure it parallels your profile comments or not. But good luck if your problem gets fixed. :)

Click on User CP to find subscribed threads. If you have posted to the thread, you need to unsubscribe so you won't continue to get emails.

That is for the user CP, so that you can see what you have commented on/contributed to. There is a user setting that enables/disables Email notifications(sent to the registration email address you used when you signed up for DC). When you click on User CP, it helps to have the subscribed threads listed, especially if it is a thread you are following. However, getting an email every time someone replies to that thread, alerting New Activity, gets old fast.

I had the same thing happen when I joined the forum. The forum default is set to (1) subscribe to every topic that you post within, and (2) notify you by email whenever there are any replies.

#1 is good, #2 not so good. I had about 150 emails waiting the first time I checked my email (every few days). I deleted them but I still got many dozens of email notifications.

I finally figured it out. You have to go to your notifications page and select every topic that has email notification set, and change them to not email. Even if you change your default setting it will only apply to new topics. The only you can fix this is to go over all old topics you posted in and change every one to "no email notification."

I eventually got it set that I receive no more emails from the forum.

Exactly, my bad, didn't see this thread was on a second page.

Back
Top Bottom