Friday's dinner plans, 6-29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No clue! We were supposed to bug-bomb the house to day and I was going to grill outside while it did its thing but it is 102+ outside and not fit for man nor beast... so that plan was canned. Problem is everything is packed away or covered up and I wasn't planning on cooking so......takeout? fast-food? a triple-dip ice cream cone?

YUM! I'm on my way...no--wait, I'm heading to Ogdensburg...wrong direction!

Well that's a good thing because the ribs ain't happenin' tonight. I ended up at the Legion for a few beers and never got the ribs on in time. I am off to Ottawa to see my son. He is up from Tarana to play with his band down in the Market. Good thing I have a DD. Ribs tomorrow, for sure....

No clue! We were supposed to bug-bomb the house to day and I was going to grill outside while it did its thing but it is 102+ outside and not fit for man nor beast... so that plan was canned. Problem is everything is packed away or covered up and I wasn't planning on cooking so......takeout? fast-food? a triple-dip ice cream cone?
Air conditioned eatery?

Indoor air-conditioned Mall, food court, & a movie.

I got a coupon for a buy one, get one free Harvey's burger. They are the only fast food chain where I like the burgers. The onion rings are good too. So, Harvey's burgers with onion rings for us tonight.

I got the coupon on Facebook. It's a Canada Day celebration thingee. Here's the link if you want a coupon: https://www.facebook.com/HarveysCanada

Scratch that, coupon is only good tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.

It'll be some kind of chicken curry.

broiled salmon, peanut sauce, fried brown rice w/ Chinese black beans, green and yellow string beans.

At my friend's house. HE is having barbeque meatloaf, turnip greens, cornbread, macaroni & cheese, & deviled eggs. This man can cooooook.

LPBeier said:
Sounds interesting DebLynn, what is it?

It literally translates as "leftovers". It's a dish in a bowl of a base of either rice or noodles, tossed with veggies and a protein, can be beef, pork, chicken, tofu. It's usually stir fried and served in a broth or sauce, depending on your restaurant. I like it with cellophane noodles, lots of crunchy veggies, spicy chicken and hot sauce broth. DH likes it with brown rice, beef and sesame oil.

It literally translates as "leftovers". It's a dish in a bowl of a base of either rice or noodles, tossed with veggies and a protein, can be beef, pork, chicken, tofu. It's usually stir fried and served in a broth or sauce, depending on your restaurant. I like it with cellophane noodles, lots of crunchy veggies, spicy chicken and hot sauce broth. DH likes it with brown rice, beef and sesame oil.
YUMM!! Thanks! :) I think I would like it your way!

The tenderloin will have to wait until tomorrow as I didn't know we were out of ground coffee which makes a coffee rub difficult! :wacko:

But we had a back-up plan and had tomorrow's steak with mushrooms, baked potato and asparagus instead. My first "red" meat in a few months - didn't have a lot but it sure tasted good! :)

LPBeier said:
YUMM!! Thanks! :) I think I would like it your way!

Here's what our bipimbap looked like:

image-3687286503.jpg

They usuallly serve it here with either a fried or a scrambled egg on top, with several different sauces. Really yummy!

Last edited:
taxlady said:
Pretty. What kind of container is that?

Styrofoam clam shell. We got it from the Korean restaurant.

We ordered too much and had already eaten the Bulgogi tacos. We're full! This will keep in the fridge.

Really strange, we had never heard of Bipimbap until a few months ago, when we picked it up at the restaurant. Then we saw it .at least 3 different times on cooking shows! One was an Iron Chef challenge, another a Top Chef thing, I think. Apparently, one traditional way to cook it is in a stone bowl, making sure the rice gets really crispy on the bottom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom