Sad News - RIP Andy Griffith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I was saddened to hear that another one of my favorite performers has passed away.
I was just listening to some of his music the other night and this morning it was announced that Andy Griffith has died.

RIP, Sheriff Taylor

He was always one of my favorites too. I loved him in my favorite foody movie about pies, called "Waitress". He played the owner of a small diner where the pies were the star of the show....such fun!

I am now a pie fanatic as a result of watching that movie. I liked it so much, I bought a copy, watch it once a year or so.

I absolutely loved Andy Griffith to pieces and will miss him very much. I never saw him in a part I didn't like. We just watched him in the movie "No Time for Sergeants" a couple weeks ago. I read that his favorite role was "Matlock." My mom and I never missed an episode and we watched it in reruns too, and the same for "The Andy Griffith Show."

He was one of those people you just knew you could trust. He was so humble, honest, and caring. Now I kind of want to take a drive up to Mount Airy, NC (a few hours north of us), where he grew up.

Back
Top Bottom