Jalapenos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
Today we went over to the garden and picked about 2.5 cups of jalapenos and pickled them. We ended with 6 4oz jars canned.

One jar didn't seal so we gave it a try. These are good stuff. :yum:

i'm jealous, frank. jolly-penos are the one hot pepper that i wanted to plant in my garden but the nursery was sold out.

i've got thai birds, hungarian hot wax, and caribbean reds, but no jalapenos. :(

i'm jealous, frank. jolly-penos are the one hot pepper that i wanted to plant in my garden but the nursery was sold out.

i've got thai birds, hungarian hot wax, and caribbean reds, but no jalapenos. :(
BT--we save seeds from jolly-penos (cute:)) that we buy in the winter and start them from seed. The DH didn't believe in jalapenos until about 2009--now he does. Start saving and drying the seeds and start the plants...you are in Zone 5? in March. We start ours in February.

You are not supposed to fiddle with the jars, just so you can try things out.

I think I rattled it a little too much when I was trying to lift it out of the canner. Oh well, we have some to eat now. :)

We have some thai chili peppers as well. They are getting closer.

Out jalapenos we a little on the small side. Only a couple were big enough for stuffing. They were just fine for slicing.

Kathleen said if I pick em all they will grow back... I am doubtful. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom