Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   General Cooking (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Food photos. (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/food-photos-80448.html)

Bmhughes89 07-06-2012 12:00 AM

Food photos.

3 Attachment(s)
Thought it would be nice to share pictures of food. I love plating and would love to see some of your photos as well. Also, If there's already a forum like this or this is in the wrong spot let me know.

The food is a polenta Napoleon with cheddar cheese, bacon, roasted jalapeños, spring mix, and a bacon balsamic reduction.
Cheddar sweet potatoes, panko encrusted green beans , roasted chicken breast with a red wine barbecue sauce and a Romano chip.
Finally we have a vinegar based pulled pork china black rice, red peppers and celery and a spicy mustard sauce.

Dawgluver 07-06-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmhughes89
Thought it would be nice to share pictures of food. I love plating and would love to see some of your photos as well. Also, If there's already a forum like this or this is in the wrong spot let me know.

The food is a polenta Napoleon with cheddar cheese, bacon, roasted jalapeños, spring mix, and a bacon balsamic reduction.
Cheddar sweet potatoes, panko encrusted green beans , roasted chicken breast with a red wine barbecue sauce and a Romano chip.
Finally we have a vinegar based pulled pork china black rice, red peppers and celery and a spicy mustard sauce.

Gorgeous, BM! Thank you!

Harry Cobean 07-06-2012 03:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmhughes89 (Post 1157685)

they say you eat with your eyes first so you owe me a laptop bmh....i've just eaten the screen!what a skill to cook food like that & paint a picture on a plate.....respect man:cool:!
i think the idea of a dedicated pics forum is good too.we all like to show off a bit,that's one of the reasons we cook(well it is for me anyway).we could post some of the disasters too á lá "outtake tv" here's some of my recent efforts,from other threads,not as pretty as your's but i'm told they tasted ok:
1)prawn,mussel & scallop fettuccine with saffron,garlic & chilli
2)double ribeye cheeseburger with bacon,cukes,dill potato salad & crisps
3)mussels with crevettes & samphire
4)prawn & chicken yellow thai curry with baby aubergines.courgettes & chilli jasmine rice

lyndalou 07-06-2012 06:35 AM

Beautiful photos.

Zagut 07-06-2012 12:23 PM

All of those pictures look wonderful.
You guys sure know how to make the food look so good. :yum:
I wish I could do that but I'm lucky if the chow even makes it to a plate. :sad:
The only problem with the photos is that they make me want to eat and eat and eat some more. :pig:
Thanks & Keep up the good work.

Margi Cintrano 07-06-2012 02:03 PM

Thank you for posting your latest and favorite dishes.

Lovely photos.

Ciao, Margaux Cintrano.

Harry Cobean 07-06-2012 02:40 PM

Vietnamese beef

4 Attachment(s)
cooked this tonight:vietnamese beef with rice noodle,sour green mango,peanut,pomegranate & chilli salad

Dawgluver 07-06-2012 02:45 PM

Wow, Harry! You owe me an iPad.

Pass the drool rag!

Zagut 07-06-2012 02:55 PM

Stop it!!!
Just stop posting pictures of wonderful food. :yum:
I'm going to gain a gazillion pounds just looking at these pics. :mad:
Oh well,Might as well go out with a smile on my face. :biggrin:

Harry Cobean 07-06-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgluver (Post 1157842)
Wow, Harry! You owe me an iPad.

Pass the drool rag!

thanks dawg,it's on it's way matey.what do you think about a specific photo forum?
if everyone who wanted to posted say one pic a week it'd build up nicely? if we posted the disasters too(i have plenty of those!)it might raise a chuckle too:smile:!