Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Music (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/music-80481.html)

Claire 07-07-2012 11:17 PM

Music

What is your favorite kinds of music (and I know I have more than one), and what do you like them for? How do you listen?

PrincessFiona60 07-08-2012 12:58 AM

I really like most music, it's difficult to pick just one thing. We have 24 hour music stations on the TV and it has surround sound, so we play that on whatever station we feel like. I guess I mostly listen to Golden Oldies 50's & 60's and Alternative Rock.

Claire 07-08-2012 01:07 AM

I generally like music that makes me want to move. Much of it is oldies/bubblegum, but also some C&W, some classics (the Valkyries can make me step out), and, of all things, I love polkas. This has been my problem with my new MP3. Getting there, though.

When I want to sleep, it is old crooners and soft classics.

I don't know if I'll ever like a new artist, and believe me, my younger friends have tried. I Want to like them, but for some reason it never "clicks" in my brain.

LPBeier 07-08-2012 01:39 AM

Music is my favourite kind of music :lol:

Seriously, my Dad brought me up on big band, Johnny Horton, country (Willie, Waylon and the boys, Jazz, Blues and much more. My sister loved the Beatles and the whole British revolution, Janis Joplin, the Doors, etc. I grew up with a top 40 station and went through all the late 60's to 1980's. In the last 2 decades I have gotten into Contemporary Christian.

And I still like all of it and more! :smile:

Gravy Queen 07-08-2012 03:59 AM

My favourite american chap is Josh Groban. Wonderful voice and totes gorgeous to boot.

Kylie1969 07-08-2012 04:32 AM

I love a wide range of music :smile:

My faves are Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating, The Script, Good Charlotte, Adele to name a few

CraigC 07-08-2012 08:02 AM

Cajun, pre-'90's country/country rock, Lightfoot and most '70s rock.

Claire 07-08-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie1969 (Post 1158513)
I love a wide range of music :smile:

My faves are Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating, The Script, Good Charlotte, Adele to name a few

I have to laugh at myself. I have no idea who these are. I will go online and see if I can hear some. I don't know if you're that much younger than I or if it is because you're on the other side of the globe, but am curious.

Claire 07-08-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravy Queen (Post 1158507)
My favourite american chap is Josh Groban. Wonderful voice and totes gorgeous to boot.

Funny that's who you chose. I have an English friend here who introduced me to his music. Must be all of England's favorite! :smile:

Four String Chef 07-08-2012 08:48 AM

I love music, all of it mostly. I most definitely am a music snob. Can not stand the radio unless its npr. Punk Rock is my favorite music to play as well as listen to. It's energizing and uplifting. And the list goes on: jazz, metal, blues, rock & roll, reggae,pop, electronic, folk, house, ska, hip hop, dance, indi and most of the subgenres associated with them. Anything that makes me wanna move is good music by me. Favorite bands right now are nofx, Man Man, anything by Jack White, Cake, The Heartless Bastards, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Grand Ole Party to name a few.

On a serious note, if you love Jazz and you're a little wierd, give Man Man a try. These guys are writing some of the best music around.

Cheers.