Quiet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Have any of you realized how often you use the computer instead of the telephone? My family said that is the only time I am quiet when I am on the computer. Of course, they have cell phones that I still hear but that isn't me. The computer does allow me to stop when I want to. Rather than staying on the phone listening to someone I just read what they want to tell me and then answer when I can. It sure is strange how life has revolved. I like it. Phones always made me nervous especially being behind someone while they are driving and using cell phone. I just keep honking the horn if they forget I am behind them. One person going 25 in 40 zone. They may own some of the road but so do I. Shame I have to remind them. Any of you have cell phones?

Dh and I have cell phones. We do not have a land line. Works for us. And yes, I hate it when people talk on the cell when they are driving.

I mostly use my cell phone at work. The GC owners are too cheap to buy us 2-way radios so we have to communicate with each other on our own dime. :roll:

Some times they are really important. When they are driving and just not worrying about anyone is when I know that it is not urgent call. Boy, using your own for company doesn't sound right. Anybody ask them about this? How are you supposed to know what each other is doing if not by phone or 2-way. What's the guy's name? Maybe someone should talk to him?

LOL! I'm in contact with the owners on a daily basis. They're actually pretty cool but very stubborn. I just suck it up and say 'Oh well.' Besides, they're Italian and they way they joke about concrete would make anybody nervous! :LOL: Sometimes I wonder if my paycheck is signed by a Don! :roll:

DampCharcoal said:
LOL! I'm in contact with the owners on a daily basis. They're actually pretty cool but very stubborn. I just suck it up and say 'Oh well.' Besides, they're Italian and they way they joke about concrete would make anybody nervous! :LOL: Sometimes I wonder if my paycheck is signed by a Don! :roll:

Just don't let them kiss ya. :LOL:

Thank God is key! You got the right attitude. If your boss LIKES you that is half the battle. Being sure of the job you have makes lot of difference then worrying everyday if this is THE day, if you know what I mean? Just keep doing your job. When it comes time to them deciding about cell phones you may the one they call on for advice. Italian people are usually hard workers if it is their business. Can't blame them for trying to save nickel. In time,they may realize cell phones make a difference. Unless some of the people aren't as well liked as you are. Like you said, things could be worse. Everyday just know that you will do what they expect. I wish you the best.

I've got one, but it is seldom on. Very few people know the number.

I'm more likely to give you my pager number before my cell phone number.

Well, My husband had a cell phone just so we can talk to eachother while he was at work (mostly text messages). Then one day I opened our bill and saw that we owed $741.25 :shock: :shock: . We cancled the phone then and there. Will never have one again

Huby has a cell phone through work that he can use for personal calls as well. He only has to pay if he goes over his minutes & that dosen't happen very often. I have one of the pre-paied ones since I don't use it that much it's nice not to have to worry about a bill or contract or anything like that.

we both have cell phones.
cheaper than a home phone
where i am. to call his mom
who lives around the corner,
they charge us a "local long
distance"... what the heck is that?????
a $2.00 phone call to my mom turned
out to be $20.00 after "other taxes
and fees". our phone bill was $80.00.
no call waiting, no caller i.d. no nothing.
when he called and asked about these
"other taxes and fees" the phone company
hung up on him. and no i don't drive while
i'm talking. if it's that important i pull over
then use the phone.

Back
Top Bottom