What is lucky to be on your plate for Friday July 13th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am doing some basa fillets with a goat cheese spinach and shrimp sauce. I was going to try Kades' Avocado side, but now only if I make it to the store for some fresh avocados. Otherwise I think just a nice light salad.

What are you planning?

We're still on vacation at my brother's lake cottage. My sister and brother in law from California are making fish tacos tonight, probably with local perch or walleye, with fresh pico de gallo. I'm making guacamole and have both white and red sangria in the fridge.

I'll be making roast beef rubbed in rosemary and thyme, cream and cheese gratinated potatoes (don't know the proper english term for that), veggies and red wine sauce.

We are going to our friends' house for our regular Friday night "date night," so I don't know what we will be having. Dessert may be strawberry pie, but that is all I know so far. :cool:

griddled pork chop,mashed spuds,roasted corn,hot cherry chillies,beer!

Attachments

• PORK CHOPS & MASH 001.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & MASH 001.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 184
  • PORK CHOPS & MASH 003.JPG
    PORK CHOPS & MASH 003.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I'll be making roast beef rubbed in rosemary and thyme, cream and cheese gratinated potatoes (don't know the proper english term for that), veggies and red wine sauce.
either potatoes gratin or dauphinoise.both very similar.whichever it is your meal sounds deeelish Bolledeig:yum:!

Stuffed peppers. We're going on a long vacation and need to use up some food. Now, if anyone can tell me how to use up lettuce (romaine) .....

Last edited:
Stuffed peppers. We're going on a long vacation and need to use up some food. Now, if anyone can tell me how to use up lettuce (romaine) .....

Brush it with olive oil and grill for a few minutes. Top with sliced grilled meat and the salad dressing of your choice. We often use fresh tuna. DH likes bleu cheese dressing and I like Italian.

We had some lovely homemade Butter Chicken with basmati rice and pappadoms with hot mango chutney...lovely stuff!

not only did i get to eat at home yesterday, but i even got to cook today.i I went food shopping this afternoon, so i decided to make a grilled a version of surf and turf.

grilled sirloin steaks, marinated crimini mushrooms, and shrimp:

img_1160511_0_65f89d9171bcece9b9ebd5c3102fd023.jpg

img_1160511_1_54d196665745dfadc74ecb9943f4f5dd.jpg

img_1160511_2_93420e87f0d817f27c22a404b78ca866.jpg

img_1160511_3_632e411bca479e931729c3bd9af43967.jpg

Last edited:
SO was off today and we ended up doing a lot of our usual Saturday errands. We had no real lunch and I made a pile of bruscetta with basil, tomato, shallots and evoo topped with fresh mozz. That was around 5:30-6:00 PM and I'm not hungry yet so that was our dinner.

I do have room for some ice cream though.

Ifn' the food is on my plate it might be considered unlucky for it... :LOL:

We went out for Mexican.

I was too tired to think about what to cook. I was too tired to walk a block and a half to Casa Grecque. So, I phoned Tandoori Taste and ordered the house biryani, tandoori mixed grill, and some roti. I drove to pick it up. It was awesome.
IMG_3154.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG

Anyone know what that green sauce is called? It seemed to have cilantro, mint, hot pepper, lemon or lime juice, ...

Back
Top Bottom