Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What is Sunday's Grub, Bub? July 22nd (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-is-sundays-grub-bub-july-22nd-80707.html)

Andy M. 07-22-2012 11:56 AM

What is Sunday's Grub, Bub? July 22nd
It's a pleasant day outside so I'm going to smoke a small pork sirloin roast. It's been dry rubbed and refrigerated. Some kind of potato and a cucumber salad along side.

jabbur 07-22-2012 12:05 PM

It's DH's birthday. We're having the potential future in-laws over and I'm making my homemade pizzas. We'll have salads and birthday cake (chocolate) with vanilla ice cream.

Margi Cintrano 07-22-2012 12:30 PM

My daughter and grand daughter are leaving for Zürich tomorrow morning, so we are going to have a light bite out on an open air sidewalk overlooking the Port and the Fort Castle. Lovely historical setting ... Then, to get an early start Monday ...

Have nice Sunday.

Rocklobster 07-22-2012 12:37 PM

Oven BBQ chicken with roasted taters, and broccoli.

Barbara L 07-22-2012 12:45 PM

For lunch we grabbed a rotisserie chicken at the store, after church, as well as some cottage cheese.

For supper we will have a vegetable and cheese tray. If that sounds at all fancy, it is a small plastic tray of vegetables from the grocery store, and we will have cheese with it. Colby-Jack for James and habanero cheese with cream cheese for me. For dessert we will have French vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries.

Side note: When I wrote "habanero," it showed it as a misspelling (which I figured it would). When I checked the suggestions, here are the words it gave me as suggestions for it: Habakkuk, Phanerozoic, headbanger, and Mbabane. Odd selection of choices, I think!

Katie H 07-22-2012 01:11 PM

We're going to have eggplant Parmesan with eggplant and tomatoes for the sauce, compliments of our container garden. On the side will be steamed vegetable medley (carrots, snow peas, yellow squash, and broccoli), French bread baguette (baked this morning), iced tea and, then, zucchini cupcakes with caramel icing for dessert, baked this afternoon. The yellow squash also came from the garden. We're excited. The containers are producing beautifully.

Harry Cobean 07-22-2012 03:12 PM

14 Attachment(s)
gather round again my fellow gastronauts...what do you mean "bl**dy 'ell he's off again"? ok,so i'm,cooking for two tonight & wanted to cook something that looked the part,was tasty,was easy to cook & could be cooked at the same time as holding a conversation & a glass of vino collapso.had to have a good balance of carbs/protein/fat & all that malarkey as the lady in question is a bit of a "gym junkie".so i thought...takeaway no...paella!!
harry's step by step paella with skinless bone in chicken thighs,cured belly pork,prawns,crevettes,mussels & fresh uncooked chorizo all washed down with an ice cold,bone dry picpoul de pinet(on offer @ tesco...yay!)
the pan is a natty paella/tagine combo.gotta go,sure you understand...................

Rocklobster 07-22-2012 03:44 PM

Looks great, Harry! Paella is one of my faves to make, and eat!!

babetoo 07-22-2012 03:55 PM

left over pizza

Steve Kroll 07-22-2012 04:35 PM

Looks excelllent, Harry!

Tonight I thought I would try out my new rotisserie gadget, so I have a chicken whirling away...