What's on the table Mabel? Monday July 23rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I have a second sirloin steak in the fridge and I think I am going to make steak salad with herb bread. I have some goat cheese, grapes and peppers to use up so I will add those in.

For our dinner sandwiches (if DH goes to work today) I have some chicken cutlets precooked in the freezer.

What's your feast looking like?

My daughter and I are performing a concert tonight with the local community band, so it will be a quick and light dinner.. probably quiche.

I think I promised SO a pizza tonight. I'll make the cuke salad I never made yesterday to go with it.

Something with tuna, either salad or casserole. The cupboard is bare.

I've got crabs!!

thought if i used the "gather round fellow gastronauts" opener one more time you'd lynch me!!
well,not crabs...a crab & what a beauty.it weighed in at well over 1.5 kilo's...pushing 4 lbs & i took the shots of it in my griddle pan & with my baguette for size comparison.a beautiful orkney crab from the crystal clear,deep & icy cold waters off the scottish coast.IMHO the finest crabs going.can't & won't take any credit for cooking it 'cos it was already cooked to perfection when i bought it.the claws were right on the point & there was tons of brown meat & coral(the brown meat & coral are the best bits imo)in the body shell.nothing fancy just crab,nut crackers,skewer for picking,crusty baguette & ice cold muscadet.life doesn't get much better....well it does...the crab was only £5!!

Attachments

• ORKNEY CRAB 001.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 001.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 164
  • ORKNEY CRAB 002.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 002.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 155
  • ORKNEY CRAB 006.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB 006.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 165
  • ORKNEY CRAB FINALE 001.JPG
    ORKNEY CRAB FINALE 001.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 189
Truly a thing of beauty, Harry!
it was dawg & i do miss it too,there's an empty space in my fridge where once sat a crab.
infact when i was walking back from the shops i saw one of my friends with a girl riding piggyback.
i said "where are you going?"
he said "fancy dress party"
i said"what as?"
he said " a crab"
i said "what about her?" pointing to the lady on his back
he said "that's michelle"
right,i'll get me coat.................

Extremely Light, Up Since 4am

My daughter Naia and her 5 year old daughter, had a 7am flight to Zürich this morning ... and I had accompanied them to the Airport ...

So, I have had a healthy fulfilling lunch ... Leftover Shellfish Lasagne ...
Tonight, a glass of Prosecco and a mini cheese platter with some Grossini.

Attachments

• lasaña de marisco.jpg
    lasaña de marisco.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 151
Layered strawberry, chicken, avocado, feta, walnut, romaine salad. Marinating chicken breasts in tequilla, lime juice, garlic & chili powder - to be placed on the grill, sliced & incorporated into the salad - like a trifle.

I've got a bunch of leftovers so I'll be warming up and keeping my kitchen clean for a few days.

Summer squash with shrimp
Sausage gravy
chicken green bean casserole
Split pea soup

I'll be baking ham, making macaroni and cheese and corn pudding. Friends of ours will get half. They lost their 31 yr old son this morning. It's been a 4 day wait for them. I told them I'd bring dinner tonight and this is the menu they requested. They have his kids and their mother there too so they thought this is something the kids will eat. Besides my friend really likes my corn pudding. She says she can never get it to come out right. I also got a watermelon that I will cube up for them.

Meatball grinders with melted mozzarella, green salads with my homemade vinaigrette of balsamic, honey, dijon and roasted garlic

thought if i used the "gather round fellow gastronauts" opener one more time you'd lynch me!!
well,not crabs...a crab & what a beauty.it weighed in at well over 1.5 kilo's...pushing 4 lbs & i took the shots of it in my griddle pan & with my baguette for size comparison.a beautiful orkney crab from the crystal clear,deep & icy cold waters off the scottish coast.IMHO the finest crabs going.can't & won't take any credit for cooking it 'cos it was already cooked to perfection when i bought it.the claws were right on the point & there was tons of brown meat & coral(the brown meat & coral are the best bits imo)in the body shell.nothing fancy just crab,nut crackers,skewer for picking,crusty baguette & ice cold muscadet.life doesn't get much better....well it does...the crab was only £5!!

That looks fabulous H :yum:

jabbur said:
I'll be baking ham, making macaroni and cheese and corn pudding. Friends of ours will get half. They lost their 31 yr old son this morning. It's been a 4 day wait for them. I told them I'd bring dinner tonight and this is the menu they requested. They have his kids and their mother there too so they thought this is something the kids will eat. Besides my friend really likes my corn pudding. She says she can never get it to come out right. I also got a watermelon that I will cube up for them.

Oh, so sorry, Jabbur. That's terrible, and so young. Thankfully they have a good and caring friend like you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom