Hey Everyone, new Member and hopefully soon to be a chef!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Doherty

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone, firstly let me introduce myself, I am Mark Doherty I am 24 Years old and i work in and Italian Restaurant.
My Role here is quite strange, I gained a Job as a Kitchen Porter at first and become Head KP. But I was really more interested in what the chefs were doing. I got on really well with 2 of the Chefs, Head Chef and Second Chef. How convenient lol

So they took me on as a Commis Chef and Breakfast, but they did not train me as much as they should have done and also I was demoted several months later for ringing in sick so many times.
Reason, my Girlfriend and I have one Daughter and One more on the way.
She just so happened to fall Pregnant as I become a Chef. Well my Girlfriend has a really crappy Pregnancy and is always being sick serveley throughout the whole 9 Months of the Pregnancy. That said, it was left for my 4 year old Daughter to sit and rub her Mammys back while she is being Sick, so I rang in sick and few to many times and was demoted cause I rang in so many times, but like I said I am not going to leave my Daughter to it and rub her Mams back while she is being sick, she is four not fourteen.
But since they have Demoted me to KP again, I have just done chef work any way lmaooo just not on salary hourly now.

So with all that happening I thought to myself I want to be a Chef still, so I am looking into doing a night time course at collage and train propley and hopefully become a good Chef.

I can cook a few things just not at massive amount of Recipes.
As I am typing this post I have my Bread in the oven and Just come out and smells wonderful.

Any way Guys now you know me and i would like to get to know all you guys and hoepfully i might even learn from this Forum, looks a good place to be so i stick around for some time to come hahaha

Mark

thanks for all the welcomes, since i was last on i have been promoted to a sous chef :)

Back
Top Bottom