What's on your Monday Menu July 30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am making Asian Chicken Salad for lunch - using up some of yesterday's rotisserie chicken and some bamboo shoots, mini corn cobs, orange segments, etc. I need to use up.

Dinner will be Italian Sausage Ragu over gluten free noodles for DH and regular for me (I can't swallow the GF ones!). We just picked up some of our favourite potato flax bread so I think I will make some garlic toast too! :)

What are you having on this Monday Monday?

I'm not sure what to make tonight. Just don't know what im hungry for. I will just have to read the forum to get inspired I guess.

Laila's Lamb Tagine

so there i am,on holiday in morocco & i met this lovely moroccan lady called laila.we spent quite a bit of time together & she showed me how to cook this dish as well as a few others.learned a lot about moroccan food which,imho,is right up there with the cuisine of mexico.
cooked this tonight...laila's lamb tagine with chickpeas,baby aubergines & almonds

Attachments

• LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 001.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 001.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 158
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 002.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 002.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 159
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 003.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 003.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 158
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 004.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 004.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 160
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 005.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 005.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 160
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 006.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 006.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 151
  • LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 007.JPG
    LAILA'S LAMB TAGINE 007.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 158
Since my surgery on Wednesday, we've been fortunate in that friends and family have stopped by with plenty of food for most of our evening meals. Plus, I cooked a really large chicken in the crock-pot on Friday, which left quite a nice quantity of leftovers.

We've eaten up all the bounty from our generous benefactors so it looks like we'll attack the leftover chicken tonight. There are some leftover veggies and the cucumbers and tomatoes in our container garden will fill in any blanks. The last of the cake a friend brought on Thursday will be dessert.

I haven't had much of an appetite so whatever we have will be enough for me.

We dug potatoes on the weekend. I'm going to have boiled new potatoes tossed with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, a splash of cider vinegar, and a little bit of butter. I'll probably follow those with a glass of beet-carrot-kale juice. I'm not really hungry since I had my usual breakfast, a slice of leftover tart for lunch, and some cherries a little while ago.

English translation = Sour beef, potato dumplings and red cabbage. One of my B-day dinner favorites!:yum:

taxlady said:
I had a CB radio in the '70s, but I don't remember that expression. What's it mean?

Yes, Craig, does it mean you turned 55 today? If so, Happy Birthday!

DH is bringing home chicken sammies from Hardee's.

I popped a pan of lasagna in the oven. That's it. Garlic bread is gone, only enough lettuce for half a salad. Don't feel like going to the store. So we'll just eat the lasagna and finish the chocolate cake.

Leafy green salad with cherry tomatoes, green onion, calamata olives, cucumbers, sliced duck eggs and a gorgonzola piccante dressing; cucumber vinaigrette, zucchini in sour cream sauce and perhaps some corn chips with an avocado salsa verde.

Leafy green salad with cherry tomatoes, green onion, calamata olives, cucumbers, sliced duck eggs and a gorgonzola piccante dressing; cucumber vinaigrette, zucchini in sour cream sauce and perhaps some corn chips with an avocado salsa verde.
That sounds really tasty, as well as appropriate to the weather.

Thanks. Many summertime veggies are nice but I'm sure looking forward to September. Only problem with the cooler / colder weather is that I usually to gain weight.
By the time the frost hits, I have mixed feelings--sorry to see the plants die, but glad to not have the spare fridge plugged in to hold veggies until I can get them processed.

Back
Top Bottom