Poll: Pulled Pork Butt - Do you toast your buns or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For pulled pork butt sandwiches (butties), which type of bread do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
I think most places around here (southeastern Virginia) serve pulled pork on untoasted white hamburger buns. I like mine toasted, as I think the juices make the bread too soggy. How do you like your pork butt buns?

I think most places around here (southeastern Virginia) serve pulled pork on untoasted white hamburger buns. I like mine toasted, as I think the juices make the bread too soggy. How do you like your pork butt buns?
Toasted and buttered. I gag on bread that gets WET with juice.
kades

Bun? You're supposed to use a bun?

If I use a bun, it's usually untoasted.

Slightly buttered and grilled on the cut side. The butter heats up and softens the remainder of the bun. So, the toasted inside prevents absorption and a soggy bun. And you get a nice soft and warm outside.....

Last edited:
I love to toast my buns. :)
Nothing beats coming in after being out in the cold and standing with my backside towards the wood stove. ;)

Uh oh. Wrong buns. :eek:

Sorry. :blush:

I can go either way and it depends on the mood I'm in. Toasted is good but so is a nice soft bread. :chef:

Steamed, like a hot dog bun.
I don't like a plain, room-temp one and I don't like it toasted either for that particular sandwich.

Toasted, always. I use French rolls more often than burger buns though, so maybe I should have voted 'other'.

I like how the bread holds up a little better when it's toasted. :)

I serve my pulled pork the proper way... on a plate. I prefer to have okra and rice with liver hash with it.

I use both vinegar (eastern) and Carolina mustard sauces.

White or potato sandwich bread, toasted or untoasted, either way. Do you coleslaw on the sandwich or not?

For the classic vinegar based NC BBQ I make, has to be
a cheap white hamburger bun, untoasted. With cole slaw
to balance the bite of the vinegar. I'm drooling just thinking
about it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom