Lightened up Chili Relleno dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
Not calorie free or even low calorie but lightened up a bit. I made it last night and was pretty happy with it.The chilies still had a little firmness to them too.

6 pablano chilies fired and skinned. I use a soldering torch to blacken and a clean kitchen scrubby to remoe the skin without overcooking the chilies.I leave the stem and remove the seed pod by slicing into the side.

Filling for the chilies:
2 cups Racho Fresco cheese crumbled
1 pound minus 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms crumbled to desired size.
1 big sprig fresh oregano chopped fine
salt and pepper

Stuff the chilies with above mixture and place in a casserole dish.

Top chilis with 2 15 oz cans of seasoned chopped tomatoes that have been drained of as much liquid as possible. I bet fresh toms would work just as well.

Sprinkle with mozzerella,remaining shrooms, and some crumbled cotija cheese.

Bake at 350 untill well browned

Not calorie free or even low calorie but lightened up a bit. I made it last night and was pretty happy with it.The chilies still had a little firmness to them too.

6 pablano chilies fired and skinned. I use a soldering torch to blacken and a clean kitchen scrubby to remoe the skin without overcooking the chilies.I leave the stem and remove the seed pod by slicing into the side.

Filling for the chilies:
2 cups Racho Fresco cheese crumbled
1 pound minus 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms crumbled to desired size.
1 big sprig fresh oregano chopped fine
salt and pepper

Stuff the chilies with above mixture and place in a casserole dish.

Top chilis with 2 15 oz cans of seasoned chopped tomatoes that have been drained of as much liquid as possible. I bet fresh toms would work just as well.

Sprinkle with mozzerella,remaining shrooms, and some crumbled cotija cheese.

Bake at 350 untill well browned
Sounds and looks great. copied and saved for future use. Thank you for sharing.
kadesma

I don't see a picture, though.

16629-albums905-picture4951.gif

I reckon there ain't a pic....:LOL:

4Meandthem: Your Chillies Sound Wonderful

Buon Giorno,

Haven´t had Mexican cuisine since June ... so this is on List ...

Madrid has a large Mexican Expat Community and we have friends who own a fabulous Mexican Taberna with a Little Grocery ... so I shall order some chilies for ur recipe when we return to Madrid 3rd September.

Thanks for posting.
Margi.

The next time I see poblanos or annaheims in the store, I'm going to try this. I've never had much luck frying them and will definitely try the addition of chopped mushrooms to the filling. It's my favorite dish at a Mexican restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom