Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Are you a dog man or cat person? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/are-you-a-dog-man-or-cat-person-81105.html)

Margi Cintrano 08-11-2012 03:45 PM

Are you a dog man or cat person?

Buonasera, Good Evening,

We have all had or do have mascots, or choose not to due to our small living spaces especially if we live in a cosmopolitan city or travel alot.

What breed of dog or cat has befriended you and how have you chosen this 4 legged pal and why ?

I am 100% a cat woman, and had grown up with two Siamese, a blue point and a seal point.

My husband and I had 2 British Shorthair for 22 years ... At this time in our lives, we have no 4 legged buddies for obvious reasons, due to our professions and our travelling.

My fave feline breed is the British Shorthair, as they are not delicate and due to their heavy set or stocky body build are not climbers. Their coats are coarse so minimal shedding.

Have a lovely August,
Ciao, Margi.

Hoot 08-11-2012 04:59 PM

Well now, if it was up to me I doubt i would have any pets...but, it ain't up to me. We have two dogs, a cat we have had since Mrs Hoot and I got together..about 12 years ago. Another cat that got hit by a car and now only has three legs..no...her name is not tripod. And a recent acquisition of another cat, who showed up under my truck one morning as I was preparing to go fishing. All these creatures are neurotic..at least so Mrs Hoot says.

lifesaver 08-11-2012 05:08 PM

Does it count if we are an all animal person? :D

jabbur 08-11-2012 05:17 PM

We have one of each. We've had 3 dogs over the course of our 30 years together. The first was a puppy from the neighbor's dog. He got hit by a car just before his first birthday. Then we got a terrier mix who lived to age 16. We went petless for several years then got a border collie/german shepherd mix as a pup. There was an add in the paper for free puppies and we got the last one. He's 9 now and starting to go gray (like us!) and recently developed diabetes. We avoided cats for years because DH had terrible reactions to cats with red,swollen eyes and wheezing. Last Oct. a stray had kittens in our backyard and abandoned a little calico. We brought her in with the thought of finding a home for her. When DH didn't react, she stayed. We love both our furbabies and can't imagine life without them.

Kylie1969 08-11-2012 07:24 PM

I love both, but I am really a dog person :smile:

CWS4322 08-11-2012 09:04 PM

Dog--Giant breeds (Saints and Newfoundlands) and chicken whisperer.

PrincessFiona60 08-11-2012 10:36 PM

I have one man and two cats...

Dawgluver 08-11-2012 11:01 PM

Definitely dog. One beagle, though she would dearly love to have her own kitty, to hug, squeeze, wub, and call it her squooshy. Unfortunately, kitties don't care for beagle.

Sir_Loin_of_Beef 08-11-2012 11:07 PM

I can go either way, depending on how they are prepared.

Dawgluver 08-11-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef
I can go either way, depending on how they are prepared.

Yeah right, said the cat rescue guy!