WFD? Tuesday, August 21st.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since it's been getting a little cooler out I've had a hankerin' for chili, so we're having my black bean version tonight, along with all the usual fixings and a side salad.

I'm camping at the farm--so tonight it is veggies...let me see...tomatoes, corn, broccoli...green and wax beans. Maybe tossed with warm pasta....

I picked up some pork chops and those are marinating. I will be grilling those along with the corn. Peas, apple sauce and cuke salad are also being served.

No ice cream though.

Probably salads on the run. I have pork chops in the refrigerator, but we need to go get a few things done.

Still very hot here. Picked up some popcorn shrimp from the Deli. Will make popcorn shrimp tacos in soft tortillas w/ a squeeze of lime juice, diced tomatoes, onions & avocado. Corn on the cob. Watermelon for dessert.

Got a coleslaw in the works. I also have a pile of veggies to use up. There will be chicken breast in some form. Stay tuned for updates as ingredients are discovered!

I tossed some herbs/ lemon/ garlic marinated chicken parts on the char-coaler. Made extra pieces for tomorrow. I think this is pretty much my current modis operandi -- Make ahead. I also have an abundance of produce, both garden and from the market, so I made a huge cuke/ tomato/cold green beans/ lettuce/ onion/ salad. I made the best salad dressing the other day. Wish I shoulda wrote down the proportions. ( How many times has someone said that line!?! ) :LOL:

OK, so we decided on linguini alfredo with asparagus and chicken on top. There will be wine and chocolate brownies with ice cream for dessert.

working another double shift +1 tonight, so dinner will be takeout in the city.

i just cruised by a bbq joint on 46th and 11th, but when i took a look at their prices, i was astounded. a full rack of ribs, no sides, for $32??? a half chicken, no sides, for $11??? a single beef rib, again no sides, for $31??

they've got to be kidding. ok, so they've been rated #1bbq (in nyc) in zagats for the past 4 years, but aparrently they've been smoking the good stuff.

for those prices, i should have the food fed to me by bikini chicks while another waves a palm frond to keep me cool.

oh yeah, a single 8 lb. pork shoulder plus 4 sides is $150... lol.

pass it here, dude.

ok, so my dinner is up in the air. should i get takeout chinese, italian, thai, or jewish diner?

i'm tempted to drive all the way down to the lower east side to katz's deli.

what should i get?

Just grilling hot dogs tonight, then we are off to the movies. I haven't gone to a movie in a theater in years.

get out your wallet, chopper. movies have become ridiculousky expensive. the last time the three of us went to a movie, it was more then $60. just for tickets, a shared large soda, and a shared medium popcorn and nachos.

buckytom said:
working another double shift +1 tonight, so dinner will be takeout in the city.

i just cruised by a bbq joint on 46th and 11th, but when i took a look at their prices, i was astounded. a full rack of ribs, no sides, for $32??? a half chicken, no sides, for $11??? a single beef rib, again no sides, for $31??

they've got to be kidding. ok, so they've been rated #1bbq (in nyc) in zagats for the past 4 years, but aparrently they've been smoking the good stuff.

for those prices, i should have the food fed to me by bikini chicks while another waves a palm frond to keep me cool.

oh yeah, a single 8 lb. pork shoulder plus 4 sides is $150... lol.

pass it here, dude.

ok, so my dinner is up in the air. should i get takeout chinese, italian, thai, or jewish diner?

i'm tempted to drive all the way down to the lower east side to katz's deli.

what should i get?

Eeks. EEKS!!! Those prices! You've got to be kidding, BT!

Eeks. EEKS!!! Those prices! You've got to be kidding, BT!

unfortunately, i'm not.

i'll post a pic of the takeout menu in a little while.

they have special platters, but that means a half order of (a half rack, a half chicken, small brisket, small pulled pork) plus two sides, 6 ozs. each, for around $17.

forget the halal carts and kosher hot dog carts in nyc (funny, the similarity when juxtaposed) but nyc is starving for good bbq pork!!,

anyone want to make a name here? start a pork bbq cart. you might be able to use the parks on the west side to do your smoking since grills are allowed. so much smoke wouldn't be in tight, residential streets.

Last edited:
Hand-cut pastrami sandwich on an onion roll with brown mustard, half sour pickles, potato salad and a cream soda.

oh man. i was only half serious before, but now i have to check the traffic cameras. it's a good 20 minutes without any traffic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom