What's Cooking 22nd August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Main Meal Today

Photo Courtesy: La Villa Centre Of Wine, Álava, The Basque Country, Spain.

Stuffed Baby Squid in its Ink:

Attachments

• CHIPIRONES EN SU TINTA.jpg
    CHIPIRONES EN SU TINTA.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 212
Today will be a cooking day. I'm making pork stew, gazpacho, guacamole and chicken salad.

Doctor appointment this morning, errands this afternoon. Whatever we have it will be quick and easy. DH has a faculty mtg at 6pm so will also need to be something that will keep for him to eat when he gets home. Plan on hitting Sam's club today so may find something there.

I'm having 2 girlfriends over tonight, and am making: artichoke pate to have with apero bubbles; Thai Chicken balls with lots of coriander and some sweet chilli sauce, with a divine sauce I cooked for the first time a few weeks ago...honey, soy, ginger; Gremolata potatoes (new for me, but sound really interesting) and a Thai cucumber salad. Trying to be a bit healthy, dessert is fresh fruit with a warm butterscotch/caramel sauce to dip into!

Tonight we're having Nepali Beef and Cabbage Curry. A co-worker gave me the recipe a couple of years ago, though his version was vegetarian. I added the beef. :)

I made freezer bags of basil pesto today. Tonight's dinner is grilled chicken- pesto salad with romaine, sliced tomatoes, cukes, zukes, radishii, kalamata olives, red onion, parsley,sliced hot pepper and a couple jarred artichokes. Not bad. Pretty good. Real Tasty Actually.

We will be having pork chops tonight, with green beans, salad, and maybe cottage cheese. Actually, we are about to go to the grocery store, so maybe we will have pork chops, cottage cheese, and baked beans. :cool:

Fried egg and tomato sammiches, and I gotta do something with the green beans.

Steve is cooking tonight and we're having his famous Egg Foo Young. :yum:

I'm just steaming the rice, and slicing some tomatoes.

Green beans Dawg? I love them with onion and bacon. I could make a meal of that with some French bread.

Last edited:
I helped my brother ALL day to prepare for a huge yard/moving sale he's having from Thursday through the weekend. We carted out, organized, tagged and filled 12 huge banquet tables with more stuff than I ever imagined possible.

Having said that, I was bone tired by the time I arrived home. Thank heavens I had a beautiful piece of fresh cod, so I cooked it in browned butter and served it with baby limas and fresh sliced tomatoes. Iced tea to drink and Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt cake for dessert.

I got home and made some seafood chowder for our dinner. Really good, Shrek ate two bowls!

We took my best friend to supper for her birthday. She wanted to have steak at "The Main", the best smoked meat resto in Montreal, but they do a really good charbroiled rib steak. Stirling had a roast beef sandwich on a kaiser roll. The steaks were done perfectly and seasoned well (spice? garlic? YES!). The "spice" is the same spice blend they use when the make their smoked meat.

I was disappointed by the "wienie & liver" appetizer. They usually do a really good job of it, but the liver was over cooked and the wienie wasn't anything special. Oh well. We had it with an acceptable house wine. (Choice of draft beer or house wine) It's not the least bit fancy, but the food is good and they are open 24 hours. A Montreal institution. The waitress was a bit preoccupied, so we didn't get the potato verinikas.

Back
Top Bottom