Packing for Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I hate it!

Packing for a long weekend you take the same things as packing for two weeks. You just take fewer of some items.

We're going away Friday to Sunday.

Camera
Camera charger
Camera cord for photo transfer
Cell phones
Cell phone charger
MacBook
MacBook charger
iPad (SO's new toy)
iPad Charger
Tom Tom Navigation Device
Tom Tom Power Cord

How did our parents manage?

Passports

Pills for her
Pills for me

Oh, almost forgot, clothes.

I had to convince SO we could fit everything into one small suitcase.

Years ago our parents took a little weekend trip to get away from it all, now when we travel we don't get away from any of it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Have a safe trip!

Snacks.

To keep you from feeliing verklempt along the way. Plus a trail of crumbs will help you find your way back home. Who says you need GPS?

Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shaving stuff (if you are a guy), soap/body wash......

We still use a map. Remember those??? I am the navigator when Hubby is driving. Hubby is navigator when I am driving. The map is our friend. I love getting lost and finding the way out. GPS is too easy. ;)

My OP wasn't intended to be a complete packing list. I'm not worried about it. I just wanted to highlight all the electronics and related gear we seem to carry as a matter of course.

Andy M. said:
I always try to think the best of people...

When packing for vacation, don't forget to take along the "best of people". When Do we leave?

on most trips we just bring our smartphones instead of our laptops. We also use one for GPS navigation (Android has turn by turn navigation included using google maps).

We are packing lighter and lighter every time. We each have a toiletry bag and clothes and can often share a suitcase for a week's vacation (I hate paying for two bags when flying).

I pack all of my supplements in one bottle, and just take one of each pill daily instead of packing each bottle.

chopper said:
We still use a map. Remember those??? I am the navigator when Hubby is driving. Hubby is navigator when I am driving. The map is our friend. I love getting lost and finding the way out. GPS is too easy. ;)

:LOL: We were following BIL by car into a remote area of TN, and his Tom-Tom disagreed with our Nuvi. And no cellphone service. Wished we'd had a real map!

Last edited:
:LOL: We were following BIL by car into a remote area of TN, and his Tom-Tom disagreed with our Nuvi. And no cellphone service. Wished we'd had a real map!

I already compared the directions on the iPad to those on the Tom Tom. They seem to agree.

I print out a Google map. The only digital items are the cameras. My Emergency only Tracphone.

Make sure I have our pills, etc, clothes, shoes. Anything we've forgotten we can pick up along the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom