30 August - What's on the dinner plate mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, not dinner thread yet. We're just having pizza and salad tonight. I don't want to cook and have leftovers since we are leaving tomorrow for a long weekend vacation and won't be around to finish them off.

Spaghetti with basil pesto. We prefer it made with pistachios in place of pine nuts. A tomato and basil salad dressed with EVOO and balsamic vinegar will accompany.

Whew, it's a hot one out there today. Luckily the grill is in the shade.

It's grilled chix fajitas and grilled corn for dinner. I'm seriously thinking of putting some corn in the salsa fresca too. And the fajitas are really soft shell corn tacos since I only have jalapenos, no other peppers.

Whew, it's a hot one out there today. Luckily the grill is in the shade.

It's grilled chix fajitas and grilled corn for dinner. I'm seriously thinking of putting some corn in the salsa fresca too. And the fajitas are really soft shell corn tacos since I only have jalapenos, no other peppers.
Sounds great--go for it--add the corn to the salsa fresca--I often do.

DH brought home an extra grilled tenderloin from his lunch, and we'll have homegrown green beans, cherry toms, cukes, and pepper strips with Ranch dip

DaveSoMD said:
Wow, not dinner thread yet. We're just having pizza and salad tonight. I don't want to cook and have leftovers since we are leaving tomorrow for a long weekend vacation and won't be around to finish them off.

Lol. I could have written this. We are having pizza and salad tonight too, and we are going away for the weekend too. But...mine aren't left over. My son is stopping and getting a take and bake pizza and I will make the salad.

Gonna head to Va Beach tomorrow....not much cooking going on here tonight. I voted for egg salad samiches...Mrs Hoot has the deciding vote.

Should be nice weather for you! We are heading to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and the forecast looks good.

Should be nice weather for you! We are heading to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and the forecast looks good.
I hope y'all have a great time!
As far as the weather goes, My dad always told me, "Never trust somebody who is telling you what the weather is gonna be when they are workin' in a room that ain't got a window in it." :LOL:

Rib steaks and crab legs were on sale today. Added in some corn on the cob and some sauteed veggies and called it done. A glass of merlot for me and milk for my honey. Deeeelish!

My daughter, grandson and I spent the day at the river and had a late lunch at the Kern River Brewing Company. :yum: So that was dinner. :) Amazing menu, it was hard to decide what to get. We decided on splitting a turkey wrap with seasoned waffle fries and a warm spinach/artichoke/parmesan and olive oil dip, served with 2 soft pretzels the size of dinner plates.

The wraps were roast turkey, bacon, spinach, avocado, orange and red bell pepper strips, and sundried tomatoes in olive oil. Very good.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 185
Whole Wheat Fettuccine with sundried tomatoes, garlic, goat cheese and basil. Roasted cauliflower on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom