Cooking terms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's when you beat room temperature butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This is to create air holes so that the baked goods rise well, and come out with a lighter, fluffier texture/crumb, as opposed to heavy and dense.

i have seen where you first cream the butter,and then only add the sugar . I also seen where they put everything tog. butter,sugar and cream tog.. Is there a certain way u are suppose to cream ingred.? Also, could some one tell me if these 2 directions are the same: beat butter and sugar till creamy and one that says cream butter and sugar...Thanks

i have seen where you first cream the butter,and then only add the sugar . I also seen where they put everything tog. butter,sugar and cream tog.. Is there a certain way u are suppose to cream ingred.? Also, could some one tell me if these 2 directions are the same: beat butter and sugar till creamy and one that says cream butter and sugar...Thanks

They mean the same thing. And when you are creaming butter and sugar, you should first start creaming the room temperature butter first then add the sugar. It will make it easier for the butter to absorb the sugar. Continue to cream them both together until they are light and fluffy.

butter,sugar and cream tog

You are reading the directions wrong. It means to cream the butter and sugar together. It doesn't mean to use cream. Check your ingredient list to make sure there is no cream listed. :angel:

i know u dont use cream..:)I have a rec. that says beat butter,sugar, and brown sugar tog. till creamy and one that reads cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. I personally thought the two are different?

Last edited:
ok ,thanks. quick question......i know from what is said here to do butter first and than add sugar for creaming, why is it most rec. seem to skip this step and just do the two tog.right from the beginning?

Getting creamed usually means a good solid punch to the face, as in, "Hey dweeb, meet me after school on the playground. You're gonna get creamed."

This can translate to cooking by beating sugar and butter together in a mixer until it turns light.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom