What to do with leftover goo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoracayB

Senior Cook
I love blueberry muffins.

The only way I can get blueberries is a can of pie filling.
The first time I use the pie filling I added some of the goo and reduced the milk. Fail.....the muffins looked great out of the oven but within an hour they collapsed.
Now when I make them I strain off the goo and just use the berries from 2 cans.

Is there something simple I could make with the leftover goo cause it seems like a waste.

A blueberry smoothie.

A topping for ice cream.

Put biscuit dough on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar and bake it, top with ice cream.

Smoothies are good, but also "parfaits". Take a glass (if you've got some fancy, this is the time to use them), whip some cream (or, yes, I hate to admit it, buy some Cool Whip)(vanilla ice cream works as well if you have freezer space) and just layer it. Ruined pies and muffins and cakes work as well, just spoon in on layers. A friend once brought a pumpkin chiffon pie for thanksgiving that didn't set right. I grabbed the wine glasses and we layered the whipped cream with broken-up spoonfulls of pie,and it was a hit.

We would use it on pan cakes a favorite of my husband, however, he would want some frozen blue berries added back to the goo. Many recipes use reconstituted dried blue berries. Are they available in your area? Amazon carries dried blue berries and will ship.

Back
Top Bottom