What the Heck?! What's for Dinner Monday 9-3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I have been gone and haven't been able to get to DC much, so now I am settled in at home and ready to start supper, but lo and behold, there is no dinner thread! So I will start one. :cool:

I will be making Spanish rice that is a little light on the rice, if that makes sense. :D With our lower starch eating, I just want enough in it to know it is there, but not so much that it just becomes starchy filler. :yum:

More Homemade Cream of mushroom soup. I made a huge batch with the 2 pounds of baby bellas I got at Costco.

We'll be clearing out the fridge. Spaghetti, salads, pizza, chicken will get set out and folks can reheat what they want. I've got rehearsal tonight so folks can eat whenever.

Potato salad, burger or hot dogs, green salad, chips and other assorted munchies and likely a lot of beer or wine. Its football day here! Labour Day Classic!

Last night we had beef schnitzel with sweet potato, broccoli and babby carrots, covered in cheese sauce :yum:

I've been smoking some St. Louis ribs for over two hours so soon we will be eating them with ranch bacon pasta salad and corn on the cob.

Stirling is scrounging. I'm nauseous off and on so I am having dry RyVita, black Earl Grey tea, and ginger ale. I had the last banana in the house.

We got home from VA Beach not too long ago. Kinda tired so supper will be something simple. Not sure what just yet. Sure is good to get away, but it's mighty good to get back home!

Everything sounds good! I may be showing up for some of that mushroom soup PF!

Stirling is scrounging. I'm nauseous off and on so I am having dry RyVita, black Earl Grey tea, and ginger ale. I had the last banana in the house.
I hope you feel better soon. :(

I bought a package of boneless pork country style ribs yesterday. (if that isn't a misnomer, then what is?_). I braised them over apple juice on low (275°) until they were very tender and had some for lunch, just dipped in a little Ranch dressing. I plan to slather the rest of them with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ with added molassas and broil them until blackened before pigging out tonight.

Grilled Tuna Steaks, creamy polenta, and heirloom tomato.

img_1183243_0_b097628ca3d0a2ff8a914b8708ef3e4e.jpg

Slow roasted pork belly, whipped potatoes with sun dried tomatoes and pecorino cheese, corn on the cob.

Attachments

• DSC00776.jpg
    DSC00776.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00779.jpg
    DSC00779.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00786.jpg
    DSC00786.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 130
We had a huge lunch out with the in-laws at Swiss Chalet so I am just going to make some shrimp and avocado salads later on.

I spent 8 hours in the garden today--have tomatoes (60-70 lb), kohlrabi, beets, bok choy, broccoli, okra, zucchini, pattypan squash, beans, kale, sweet corn, and Swiss Chard to process.

I am addicted to dehydrated tomato chips--lots of the tomatoes are going for that. I am anxious to try dehydrated kohlrabi chips, and beet chips. I am NOT cooking tonight--I have a back entrance full of baskets with garden stuff in them.

Has anyone dehydrated kohlrabi chips? Oh, and I still have that watermelon to dehydrate and about 15 eggplant to ... not sure what I'm doing with those yet.

A little of this, & a little of that.
For munchies: Crab Rangoon & Guacamole w/ pistachios
Honey teriyaki ribs (in the slow cooker)
Greek Potato Salad
Edamame/Green Bean/Mushroom Salad
Warm peach pies topped w/ vanilla ice cream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom