What's For Dinner? Wednesday, Sept 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I call "cowboy food". Fried onions, tomato, fresh chilli, bit of pesto..break an egg on top, sprinkle with feta cheese, put the lid on and let the egg cook a bit. Yum..

Quesadillas sound good. And I just happen to have some soft tortillas.
So it will be wings and quesadillas. Jerk sauce on the wings and Swiss cheese and sauteed onions in the quesadillas.

Leftover pizza, and we have some corn on the cob to use up.

What I call "cowboy food". Fried onions, tomato, fresh chilli, bit of pesto..break an egg on top, sprinkle with feta cheese, put the lid on and let the egg cook a bit. Yum..

sounds good, kimmo. how do you say cowboy in french?

to me, an american style cassoulet (baked pinto or red beans with meat) is cowboy food. :chef:

dw is making turkey pucks tonight (unseasoned, extra-plain turkey burgers, yuk), so i'll pick up dinner for myself. i have to go buy new garbage cans since someone stole ours this morning - who the heck steals old, used garbage cans? so, i'm thinking and hot, open garlic steak sandwich, or maybe pizza and mussels fra diavolo.

Bucky, maybe the garbage man decided they were trash too!

I was going to make a ham with squash casserole and salads but my hair appointment went longer than I expected and then it poured down rain so I couldn't leave the grocery store when I was done. Got home and had to go pick up the other car from the shop so I'm thinking it will be hot dogs and beans.

dw is making turkey pucks tonight (unseasoned, extra-plain turkey burgers, yuk), so i'll pick up dinner for myself. i have to go buy new garbage cans since someone stole ours this morning - who the heck steals old, used garbage cans? so, i'm thinking and hot, open garlic steak sandwich, or maybe pizza and mussels fra diavolo.

I made turkey burgers today. I use thigh meat and added a little homemade relish as the binder, minced onion, minced garlic and ginger (fresh) and some fresh cracked pepper. I do them on the griddler and they still retain a little moisture without fat, salt, or any other "baddies".

I served with with salad dressed with lemon juice. DH loved it. :)

Pacanis, yes they are basically beef mince with chopped onions, egg to bind, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic salt, milk and breadcrumbs....they are really tasty :yum:

Kylie1969 said:
Pacanis, yes they are basically beef mince with chopped onions, egg to bind, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic salt, milk and breadcrumbs....they are really tasty :yum:

So they're mini meatloaves/meatballs. I had to look them up too, they sound delicious! Maybe you could post your recipe, Kylie?

Last edited:
I had another bowl of brown rice with butter and then I had a bowl or two of Haagen-Dazs Swiss Almond Vanilla. They were out of rocky road.

Back
Top Bottom