Smaller Charmin bathroom Tissue rolls!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
okay so I was at my local grocery store today picking up a couple of food items and was walking down the isle with the toilet paper in it.

I looked at the Charmin Toilet paper and saw something different.

I say the a NEW Charmin red package that now says it has Duraclean texture on it.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sit...roductimages/00037000833185.jpg?sw=330&sh=330

Note the 165 2-ply sheets per roll... 4.27 by 4 inches per sheet.

Now compare that new roll to the older roll in the same red package

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sit...roductimages/00037000239994.jpg?sw=409&sh=409

Note the 176 2 ply sheets per roll.... 4.27 inch by 4 inches per sheet.

I saw a whole lot of the blue labeled packages at the store with the 176 2 ply sheets per roll.

I just thought I would let you know.

The incredible shrinking package. Manufacturers have decided it's better to reduce the quantity on a package and charge the same rather than keep the quantity the same and raise the price. It's happening all the time.

Remember when tuna came in 7 ounce cans? Over time they shrank to 6.5, 6.0, 5.5 ounces. Are they 5.0 ounces already?

They also try to confuse you to make price comparisons impossible. Take a look at paper towel packages. They come in different sizes with anywhere from two to 15 rolls in a package. Then they vary the number of sheets on each roll from 64 to 90. Then they change the size of the sheets. Infuriating!

Last edited:
It's just like everything else. Smaller size, same price. You can't get a half gallon of ice cream. They are pushing 1.5 liter sodas.

America's butt is getting bigger and the toilet paper is getting smaller, that ain't right.

It's time to wake up America! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

They have been doing that for years. I remember around 1970 when one-pound coffee cans went down to 13 ounces, and then 11 ounces, but the can stayed the same size. :mad:

I hate the fact that everyone is pushing the double rolls. My toilet roll holders don't hold double rolls. :mad:

There are extenders that work for many toilet paper holders. Would they work for you?
Probably. But, they gave those away when they started to sell those rolls. I have looked, but couldn't find any. I also resent having to spend money so I can have a funny looking arrangement for my toilet paper.

Probably. But, they gave those away when they started to sell those rolls. I have looked, but couldn't find any. I also resent having to spend money so I can have a funny looking arrangement for my toilet paper.
Yeah, I got a free one when they were offering them online. I don't use it because the double rolls work on mine. I know what you mean though!

That seems logical, but they seem to poof them up with air.
I wish I had invented and patented the "air poofing machine." I'd be rich by now, since half the products out there poof everything up to make them look bigger (toilet paper, bags of chips, etc.). :LOL:

I agree about the paper towel thing, it is impossible to make a comparison between brands, they all have different sized regular sheets, select-a-size, one ply, two ply, etc...

I just buy a 12 pack of scott paper towel and move on with life. My criteria for paper towel, no select-a-size, white, no pattern.

And some bars of soap that used to be just a block now have a curved shape that results in a smaller bar and less soap. The package looks the same, and who thinks to check the weight on a bar of soap? Don't like that part. But I do like that the wet bar doesn't stick tight as it dries on a flat surface.

Toilet paper is one thing, but what irritates me the most is when they downsize the amount of food that comes in a can or other package and you have recipes that call for the old size.

Time to get a bidet...plus, they have many uses...
bidet-beer_thumb%5B5%5D.jpg

Well I have no idea when this happened but I noticed just today that my jar of Mayonnaise is no longer 32 oz.

The only reason I even noticed is that there was a banner on the label that said "New Jar, Same Size"

That is when I looked :ohmy: :huh:

And the price of that smaller quanitity keep going higher. :glare::(

Giant Eagle is having them on sale this week for 2.99 and I will be buying a bunch of them.

Is that like sandpaper?
16629-albums905-picture5006.gif
Crepe paper (alla 1960's European toilet tissue) was quite economical and effective. Too bad Sear's did away with their big catalog. I currently prefer Scott 1000 sheet single ply (4.5 x 3.7"). It permits me to control the number of plies (3 to 5 sheets per wad) and minimize the impact on my septic system.

Crepe paper (alla 1960's European toilet tissue) was quite economical and effective. Too bad Sear's did away with their big catalog. I currently prefer Scott 1000 sheet single ply (4.5 x 3.7"). It permits me to control the number of plies (3 to 5 sheets per wad) and minimize the impact on my septic system.
Crepe paper was when you were lucky. This was the most common TP in Europe in the '60s. It was hard and shiny and water repellent on one side and quite rough on the other, but I am told it wasn't as hard on septic systems or the waterways.

toilet+papir.jpg

Back
Top Bottom