Balsamic marinated steak sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I know a lot of us on this board like balsamic vinegar recipes and I saw a good one on everyday italian the other day and thought I would share it for those of you that didn't get to see it.

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
User Rating:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds, cracked
3 (12 to 14-ounce) rib-eye steaks
4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 baguette (about 2 feet long), split lengthwise
2 cups lightly packed arugula

Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard seeds in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steaks and seal the bag. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, turning the steaks occasionally.
Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Drain the marinade from the steaks. Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steaks crosswise into thin slices.

Meanwhile, stir the cheese and sour cream in a small bowl to form a thick spread. Season the cheese mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove some of the bread from the center of the baguette halves. Spread the cheese mixture over the baguette halves. Arrange the arugula then the warm steak slices over the baguette bottom. Sprinkle the steak slices with salt and pepper. Cover with the baguette top. Cut the sandwich crosswise into 6 equal pieces and serve.

ab, my husband was just telling me that she made something that he wanted me to try and this was it. thanks for posting it. Have you made this?

ambuh, i just dug this thread up (some sneaky guest was viewing it. sign up a login ******! we need to feed off the brains of new people!), and it looks awesome! thanks.
i've never seen mustard seed sold as is in a store, not that i've looked tho; is it dry, such as flax or sesame seed? since i have maille wholegrain dijon mustard in a jar at home, i might substitute that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom