TGIF .. Friday 9/14 .. What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning,

Our nice weather continues. Burgers with sliced tomatoes and potato salad on our dinner table tonight. Ice cream for dessert. Guess, I'm not ready to let go of the summer menu yet.

We're having something similar. I got some bratwurst patties and will grill those up served on hamburger buns. Macaroni salad. Not sure if we'll add anything else or not. Just DH and I tonight.

I bought some steaks a while ago from a farmer's stand at the market and they were as tough as nails. I dug out two remaining rib steaks and am simmering them in the stock pot with the usual suspects. I think I am going to make a stew out of them. I will have a bit for dinner and freeze the rest in portions for my work lunches....

All this talk about crock pots has me thinking about a crock pot meal. I need to go investigate the freezer but I've got potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, green pepper and more tomatoes than you can shake a stick at. I'll find something in the freezer and go from there.

Alaskan King Salmon with fresh lemon slice, baked sweet potato, asparagus and a small dollup of a lo-fat dipping sauce (blenderized on "chop" setting with kale, spinach, lo-fat greek yogurt, red bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and water chestnuts). I make my own sauce but Trader Joe's sells it too (they also add mayo, agave nectar, dill, celery and salt).

I bought some steaks a while ago from a farmer's stand at the market and they were as tough as nails. I dug out two remaining rib steaks and am simmering them in the stock pot with the usual suspects. I think I am going to make a stew out of them. I will have a bit for dinner and freeze the rest in portions for my work lunches....

Attachments

• 003_crop.jpg
    003_crop.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 223
I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin. No clue yet what I'll do with it. Maybe some grill seasoning and toss it on the gas grill.

Grilled steak and potatoes, and some mushroom gratin with whatever white cheese I have... probably pepper jack. Maybe a little salad, too.

Alaskan King Salmon with fresh lemon slice, baked sweet potato, asparagus and a small dollup of a lo-fat dipping sauce (blenderized on "chop" setting with kale, spinach, lo-fat greek yogurt, red bell pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and water chestnuts). I make my own sauce but Trader Joe's sells it too (they also add mayo, agave nectar, dill, celery and salt).

Sounds lovely Molly :yum:

I just found out our friends are still sick (he got it a couple weeks ago and shared it with her and Kaity), so we will be eating at home tonight. We will have little smokies and mock macaroni and cheese (cauliflower and cheese), and possibly another vegetable.

We're having something similar. I got some bratwurst patties and will grill those up served on hamburger buns. Macaroni salad. Not sure if we'll add anything else or not. Just DH and I tonight.

I like the sound of this Jab :yum:

4 cheese rising crust pizza doctored with anchovies, mushrooms, black olives, and jalapeno peppers, with extra mozzarella and provolone cheese to hold all that shtuff on there. Haven't decided between opening a nice red wine or just cracking a Stella Artois.

Fettuccine Alfredo
Bread Sticks
Salad

I went out to dinner with my son and grandchildren.

Nice looking pics!

I had some ground lamb and made meat balls with yogurt, egg, bread crumbs, mint, oregano and parsley. I browned them off in the oven, set them aside and cooked up some tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms and celery till tender, and threw in the lamb meat balls, 1 cup of Orzo and 2 cups of boiling chicken broth to the mix. After being covered and simmered for 30 minutes it was ready to serve with fresh chopped mint on the top.
I always use this to season my Greek cooking......good stuff!
51nkdQG-4mL.jpg

Kayelle...that sounds delicious! I'm going to have to get some Cavender's. Good tip. Remember that Greek Isle you and I and Kathleen and some other DCers vacationed at? (do I dare mention Cabana Boy lol). Quite an adventure! That was was hilarious.

mollyanne said:
Kayelle...that sounds delicious! I'm going to have to get some Cavender's. Good tip. Remember that Greek Isle you and I and Kathleen and some other DCers vacationed at? (do I dare mention Cabana Boy lol). Quite an adventure! That was was hilarious.

I would love to hear about this!

Nice meals, all!

We returned to our new fave Italian restaurant for more Seafood Alfredo Bruschetta, and split the lasagna, salad and bread again. So good, and I couldn't imagine eating a whole portion without splitting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom