What's for Sunday Supper Sept 16th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
DH gets off at 5 today - I love Sundays because I can make a true "Sunday Supper" like we both grew up with.

Today I am borrowing from his heritage and making my first ever batch of rouladen. I have wanted his mother to teach me but it hasn't worked out. She gave me the basics over the phone and I am sure I can figure out the rest - I have to adjust it a bit anyway, using cornstarch for the gravy (which I am finding common anyway) and turkey bacon (shhh please don't tell my MIL).

Hopefully my headache will cooperate and I can get this done. I am doing roasted potatoes, carrots and onions, and broccoli salad as sides.

What's everyone else having today?

DH is leaving at 4 pm on a business trip and won't be home until Wed. The yungun is working tonight so it will just be me. I'll probably make a sandwich with the little bit of macaroni salad that's left on the side.

:chef:
Good Cookin Tonight..Meatloaf,Twice Baked Potatoes, String Beans;and of course a good bottle of white wine

Eggplant Parmesan, pasta, and maybe some Italian sausages. Definitely salad and garlic bread.

~140% of the RDA for sodium- 2 cups of Bush's Best Baked Beans with an additional 75g of 2 1/2 year old heavily smoked bacon. Probably need a few 55*F Sam Adams Octoberfests, before during and after to dilute the salt.
There goes my carb restriction for the day.

Last edited:
Ma's Sunday Cade asked for sausages from Lockford, so DH and I went for a ride thursday and came home with Dakota Brats,Hawaiian sausages, and apple sausages, these will be grilled by s-i-l we will also have melon wrapped in prosciutto, mango salsa, the kids have bow ties with butter and salt, my salad of romaine with the blue cheese dressing I did it different this time I used gorgonzola crumbles instead plus made a pest tortalinni with garden tomatoes. Got nice soft rolls to put the sausage choices in. Dessert angle food cake with strawberries and whip cream.
kades

Spaghetti and some stuff I found in the freezer labeled "Hot Spag Sauce". We shall see.

Last edited:
Either beef tacos or nachos with chicken, black beans and other stuff. Probably the tacos.

BBQ w/ mesquite
Roast Beef w/ Fire Brew Rub (coffee & hot spices) And Chicken thights with 3 different rubs & taters.

Tomorrows dinner will be a replay with guacamole added.
Mexican dinner – Beef, bean and cheese enchilada and Mexican rice

img_1186903_0_8ef21a9c46358821707ddf32893b590e.jpg

Ordered a combo platter of shish taouk and shwarma and a falafel platter with tabouli from Mr. Falafel. It was, as usual, excellent. Also had Mommesin's Cuvée Saint Pierre.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom