Collard Greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishfullthinking

Assistant Cook
A couple nights ago i made collard greens for the first time. Didnt follow any kind of recipe. turned out great! I havent eaten collard greens since i was a kid and i did not like them at all back then. I found a new love.. lol

Same night i also made a bacon, onion and tomato sauce to put over penne pasta. It was also very very good.

I really love to cook.

A couple nights ago i made collard greens for the first time. Didnt follow any kind of recipe. turned out great! I havent eaten collard greens since i was a kid and i did not like them at all back then. I found a new love.. lol

Same night i also made a bacon, onion and tomato sauce to put over penne pasta. It was also very very good.

I really love to cook.

Sometimes just winging it can create a great dish. :angel:

I am a big fan of collard greens but, I must confess, I use the frozen ones. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

One package frozen collards, a little water, 3 or 4 cloves of crushed garlic, 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes, minced onion, and chopped ham.

Simmer long enough to make a skillet of corn bread! :pig:

Sometimes I toss in a few small red potatoes and let them cook with the greens! :yum:

Experiment like we did! We made creamed greens (like creamed spinach) and greens rolls (like cabbage rolls)stuffed with jambalya and cooked in a spicy creole sauce.:yum:

Experiment like we did! We made creamed greens (like creamed spinach) and greens rolls (like cabbage rolls)stuffed with jambalya and cooked in a spicy creole sauce.:yum:

Have you tried Paula Deen's collard green egg rolls?

They sound good to me!

Have you tried Paula Deen's collard green egg rolls?

They sound good to me!

Not a fan of hers nor the two "boys" clinging to her apron strings. They come across way too phoney for me.

I have a collection for y'all............. if I can attach it ............

Attachments

• CollardsNotebook2.pdf
    646.6 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom