ISO - Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe in the news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cctrayders

Assistant Cook
I recently saw a chocolate chip recipe in one of the news teases on Yahoo news. It looked great, but I can't find that site or recipe. Anyone else see it? The cookies were described as large, 1" thick, using good quality chocolate chunks, and gave tips like remembering to use butter and eggs at room temp, good butter, etc. Wanting to make some to take to work tomorrow!

Thanks for your response! That wasn't the recipe I was seeking, but I wrote it down to try it, b/c it sounds good! I finally did find the one I was looking for. Baked two batches and took them to work. The ONLY thing I did differently was I used a "regular good butter" not the European butter the recipe called for. Would that have made a BIG difference?? The cookies were ok, but not special as I expected. I prefer Nestles's recipe to that one. But my co-workers appreciated the cookies anyway, of course! I'm going to try the recipe you gave next! Thanks again!

You're very welcome! European butter has a little more fat than American, but I don't think it would have made a significant difference.

I've tried so many chocolate chip cookie recipes, I've lost count - Thomas Keller's are my favorites. They're on the flat side, crispy on the edges and chewy in the centers. I like them much better then Nestle's. (I use a little less sugar, as I do in most recipes):
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Food Gal » Blog Archiv » Tantalizing Preview: Ad Hoc Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe By Thomas Keller

If you're into thick and chewy - try these from Cook's Illustrated - I've tried their Thick and Chewy Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies and they're excellent:
THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
The Savory Notebook: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last edited:
:ermm:
Ihave been using the Neimann Marcus recipe for years. Everyone loves them.
+1

The Neimann Marcus recipe I use has oatmeal in it. Don't know if that is the same recipe you referenced or not--whenever I make those cookies, they are gone almost as soon as they come out of the oven. I usually use dark chocolate, white chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate. I also add a bit of chilpolte (about 1/8 tsp) for a bit of bite.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fooddrink/a/cookie_recipe.htm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom