Freezing Cookie Dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThePunkHippie

Assistant Cook
I love the idea of freezing cookie dough & having fresh cookies on hand whenever I want (also, I have a habit of eating Way. Too. Many. cookies if I make more than a dozen at a time)
So I line ice cube trays with plastic wrap & put about a teaspoonful of cookie dough into each spot. When they're frozen, I take them out & just keep them in a bag that has the name of the cookies written on it (so I know what to look for when I need cooking instructions)

I have been thinking about this very subject.

I am going to try it with Peanut Butter Blossoms and Chocolate Crackle Tops.

Do you bake them frozen or thawed?

If frozen do you adjust the time and or the temp.

I let them thaw because I'm not sure how to adjust the time or the temp *laughs*
I imagine an extra 5 minutes would be enough at the same temp, but it might vary depending on the recipe

they thaw fast though, half an hour at room temperature is usually more than enough

I have three ice cream scoops in three sizes. I use them to scoop out cookie dough depending what size cookies I want to make. I place the raw dough on parchment paper and place in the freezer. All cookies are a uniform size. I then place them in a freezer bag and remove all the air. I bake them frozen. I just add some extra time. Sometimes I will use my Foodsaver instead. If I am making cookies for the Church Fair to serve with coffee, the cramberry cookies are always a big hit. They get medium size cookies. My daughter gets great big ones.

Fall is here. Time to start baking again. :angel:

Last edited:
I use ice cream scoops (dishers) and freeze those lumps.

I usually bake them frozen and they work just fine.

Sound like Addie and I do it pretty much the same way!

I don't have any flat surfaces in my freezer, & I only have 2 baking sheets (which are usually serving rotational duty when I'm making cookies). Otherwise I'd just freeze them like that
I find the ice cube trays are more convenient & compact

I use ice cream scoops (dishers) and freeze those lumps.

I usually bake them frozen and they work just fine.

Sound like Addie and I do it pretty much the same way!

I have only two scoops. Two are the same size. 00=1 tsp. and 20=1 Tbs. What size would I get for a middle size. Today I used the small one as these are for my daughter. She is trying to watch her weight as she has quit smoking due to her cancer. So the small ones are just big enough for a bite. I want to make some cranberry/pumpkin. And I want them to be mid size. :angel:

Did someone mention cookies! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For two bite cookies I use a purple disher size 40 that is approx. 1.6T and for big cookies I use a yellow disher size 20 that is approx. 3.2 T.

So at my house I would use your 1 T for 1 bite cookies! :pig:

Last edited:
My favorite is a #30 I believe, it has a black handle. For larger I use a #24 (red handle). I have 4, one that is 4 oz. (gray handle). Blue handle I use for cupcakes.

My favorite is a #30 I believe, it has a black handle. For larger I use a #24 (red handle). I have 4, one that is 4 oz. (gray handle). Blue handle I use for cupcakes.

What brand do you have. I have Oxo. The numbering system seems to be different. Where did you get yours? I've seen some of the reviews of Oxo and it seems the latest ones are rather cheesy and break eaisly. I have had mine for several years and have never had a problem with them. I looked at Oxo and they only offer small, med. and large. I would like to see other brands. The reason I have the Oxo is the handle. It is more comfortable for me. I don't want to buy the latest ones if they are going to fall apart the first time I use it for cookie dough. And according to the reviews, that seems to be the problem. It can't handle the dough. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom