Trivia 9/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
TRIVIA
9/27

DID YOU KNOW...
A rainbow can be seen only in the morning or late afternoon. It is a phenomenon that can
occur only when the sun is 40 degrees or less above the horizon.
1. There are more motor vehicles registered in what state than in any other?
2. What Hollywood club is famous for it's "Roasts" of celebrities?
3. Name the cowboy crooner who first introduced us to "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed
Reindeer"?
4. Name New York City's biggest holiday parade.
5. What are the four H's in "4-H Club"?
6. To which of the fifty must I travel to attend the annual Cranberry Festival?
a. – New Jersey
b. – Massachusetts
c. – Louisiana
d. – Oregon
7. In what State capital did Jefferson Davis take office as President of the Confederacy?
8. What Ivy League school awards the Pulitzer Prizes?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Officially speaking, Big Bird is an Emu.
. .
1. CALIFORNIA
2. FRIAR'S CLUB
3. GENE AUTRY
4. St. Patrick's day parade
5. HEAD, HANDS, HEART, health
6. - b
7. MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA
8. new york university
CRAP !!
No one is sure of Big Bird’s family history... He has described himself as a Lark, a Condor, and He was once called an Ibis, and a flightless Crane. This sweet, silly bird dressed in turkey feathers is a complete mystery.

I got the ones in red:

1. CALIFORNIA
2. FRIAR'S CLUB -- Knew this one but it wouldn't come to me.
3. GENE AUTRY
4. St. Patrick's day parade -- Really?! I thought it was the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
5. HEAD, HANDS, HEART, health
6. - b

7. MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA
8. new york university
CRAP !! --I had always heard that he was a Canary.
No one is sure of Big Bird’s family history... He has described himself as a Lark, a Condor, and He was once called an Ibis, and a flightless Crane. This sweet, silly bird dressed in turkey feathers is a complete mystery.

Hmmm, it doesn't mention the size of the Macy's parade. It looks like an opinion article, and it says "best" not "biggest."

Just teasing you--In my mind the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will always be the biggest AND best! :cool:

".............but it is often touted as New York City's largest and most popular parade. Over 150,000 people participate in the parade and nearly 2 million spectators are expected to line the parade route every year.

I luv ya Barb; comment anytime you feel it's an issue........keeps my answers clean for the next go-round......... "biggest" in this instance was dependent on number of participants / gawkers....... the overwhelming number of people who march every year far outweighs the floats and celebrities of the "New York Thanksgiving Day" parade, formerly the Macy's parade.

Have fun, but keep me honest as well........

Last edited:
:LOL: Actually when I said that I thought it was the Macy's parade, I wasn't questioning the answer. I was commenting on my lack of knowledge. :rolleyes:

However, you know me -- If I think you are wrong, I will definitely tell you! :LOL:

I got two plus T/C. But it was mostly about American history and geography that I don't know about. :angel:

(That's my story and I am sticking to it):LOL:

Back
Top Bottom