A Sad Situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Late last night I found out that the older son of some friends was attacked by a patient (he's a nurse) and is in rough shape. I can't go into details but if it hadn't have been for his own strength and quick reflexes he would have been stabbed in the heart. Instead he has a huge gash on his arm an lost a lot of blood. he also has a punctured lung and other internal injuries and is in danger of clots and infection.

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for this young man (mid 20's) and his family. His younger brother is one of our youth leaders and is also studying to be a nurse. I really feel for the whole family.

Thanks, everyone for your replies.

He seems to be doing much better and is no longer critical. I will talk to his Mom tomorrow and find out specifics.

LPBeier said:
Thanks, everyone for your replies.

He seems to be doing much better and is no longer critical. I will talk to his Mom tomorrow and find out specifics.

Thank God.

Hopefully, with Mother Nature's help his youthfulness will allow him to bounce back. Good wishes to him & family.

Thanks, everyone. I haven't heard today how he is doing. Yesterday they did have to change his antibiotic because the one was not working. They are also concerned about the damage to his lung. I will find out more tomorrow. The family is grateful for, and really feeling, all your thoughts and prayers.

Yea! Hopefully he still considers nursing his career, but I would understand if he didn't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom