What's For Dinner, Sunday, 7th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are making a couple dishes to have during the week, a cassoulet and panang curry with pork. We may have one of these today or maybe burritos.

We're having French Toast with Bacon and Maple Syrup. My Daughter's favourite. She's coming home from my ex's house tonight so I thought I'd spoil her a bit.

Already started prepping one of the food items for today,this morning. :yum:

Attachments

• SAM_0969.jpg
    SAM_0969.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 196
Rabbit? It looks to white for squirrel.

I feel like pan fried pork chops tonight, with mashed potatoes and gravy and either corn or peas.

What does rabbit taste like? I've had it once by accident at a BBQ. They made rabbit sosaties (kebabs?) with loads of marinade so I didn't know what it was. Couldn't taste either since the marinade was very strong. Would love to try it someday but only if it doesn't taste like chicken!

Thanksgiving dinner. First one I haven't cooking in about 18 years. Weird. We'll see if we get enough turkey tonight or if I'll be doing one tomorrow too! ;)

Yes, rabbit.

It has a really great taste, especially when seased well. Definitely try it one day. I am sure you would like it. I haven't had it grilled and if it wasn't so cold and rainy today I would have grilled it! I bet it is good grilled!

What does rabbit taste like? I've had it once by accident at a BBQ. They made rabbit sosaties (kebabs?) with loads of marinade so I didn't know what it was. Couldn't taste either since the marinade was very strong. Would love to try it someday but only if it doesn't taste like chicken!
I like rabbit. My grandmother made it often so we ate a lot of it growing up. Domestic rabbit does taste a little like chicken. Wild rabbit has more of a gamey flavor, and the meat can be kind of stringy and tough unless you braise it or cook it in a stew.

Funny the things I used to eat when I was young that people simply don't eat these days. Along with rabbit, squirrel and raccoon were occasional treats, and we didn't find it one bit strange to eat those things. I don't even hear about folks hunting them anymore.

Tonight we're having ribeye on the grill and oven-fried sweet potatoes.

Last edited:
Baby backs on the smoker.. along with some abts and a fattie of some sort.. some foil packet taters.. green beans.. oh .. and some garlic bread..

Chicken breasts in the CP. DH brought home some Progresso Recipe Starters, have never used them before. I am trying the portabella sauce with added onion and white wine.

Last edited:
I like rabbit. My grandmother made it often so we ate a lot of it growing up. Domestic rabbit does taste a little like chicken. Wild rabbit has more of a gamey flavor, and the meat can be kind of stringy and tough unless you braise it or cook it in a stew.

Funny the things I used to eat when I was young that people simply don't eat these days. Along with rabbit, squirrel and raccoon were occasional treats, and we didn't find it one bit strange to eat those things. I don't even hear about folks hunting them anymore.

Tonight we're having ribeye on the grill and oven-fried sweet potatoes.

I'll try it, always try something atleast once! I'd rather have your ribeye and sweet potatoes though!

We hit Ruby Tuesdays today after church and "pigged out" on the salad bar.:pig: Will probably just heat up the leftover chili from last night.

Dawgluver said:
Chicken breasts in the CP. DH brought home some Progresso Recipe Starters, have never used them before. I am trying the portabella sauce with added onion and white wine.

I saw those.. the roasted garlic one caught my eye..

Back
Top Bottom