Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Appetizers & Hors D'oeuvres (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/)
-   -   Mushrooms, Walnuts, Crackers TNT (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/mushrooms-walnuts-crackers-tnt-82193.html)

kadesma 10-15-2012 06:25 PM

Mushrooms, Walnuts, Crackers TNT

Here we go with the mushrooms:lol: Hope you will like this. I plan to make this for Thanksgiving.In a heavy skillet melt 4 Tab. of butter over med heat. Add 4 cups of chopped mushrooms any kind will do.Add 1/2 cup chopped green onions I use just the white but the green might be pretty. now add 1/4 tea. dry thyme. Cook stirring til green onions start to become transparent, about 5-8 min. Add salt and 1/3 cup of sherry cook til the liquid is almost evaporated.Remove from the heat cool, mix in 8 oz. soft cream cheese and the mushroom mixture. Stir to blend. Mix in 1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts in a large bowl. Now add in 1/4 cup parsley (fresh) and Tabasco to taste.put in pretty serving dish or crock. Chill covered at least 2 hrs. Sprinkle top with chives and serve with your favorite crackers.
kades

PrincessFiona60 10-15-2012 07:06 PM

Oh, yum!!!

Snip 13 10-16-2012 03:20 AM

Oh yum! Must try this, mushrooms and cheese. It can only be good :)

kadesma 10-16-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 (Post 1195727)
Oh, yum!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1195864)
Oh yum! Must try this, mushrooms and cheese. It can only be good :)

YES,YES,YES I'm going shopping today and plan to make some of these, was going to use butter but remembered the duck fat I have in the frig. So dinner tonight will have these mushrooms and nuts in duck fat...EMMMmmm
kades (ma)

Snip 13 10-16-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesma (Post 1195876)
YES,YES,YES I'm going shopping today and plan to make some of these, was going to use butter but remembered the duck fat I have in the frig. So dinner tonight will have these mushrooms and nuts in duck fat...EMMMmmm
kades (ma)

Good thing I'm not on a diet, you'll make a terrible diet buddy :rofl:

kadesma 10-16-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1195930)
Good thing I'm not on a diet, you'll make a terrible diet buddy :rofl:

Oh I'd be a fairly good one. I weigh 109 now and my family squakes about how skinny I am. I eat very little now and I feel dialysis has a lot to do with it. But diet not anymore but I love helping people who want to eat less.
With your diet restrictions now you will loose you watch and see. I do like eating all the heavy things and greens in the morning, so that by evening I'm full:lol:
kades (ma)

Snip 13 10-16-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesma (Post 1195947)
Oh I'd be a fairly good one. I weigh 109 now and my family squakes about how skinny I am. I eat very little now and I feel dialysis has a lot to do with it. But diet not anymore but I love helping people who want to eat less.
With your diet restrictions now you will loose you watch and see. I do like eating all the heavy things and greens in the morning, so that by evening I'm full:lol:
kades (ma)

Oh dear, I don't want to lose weight :sad: I was 10kg's under weight, only just recently reached a healthy weight again.
I've always been thin but I was really bad for about 3 years. Couldn't gain weight no matter what I tried. I have found that I'm eating a lot less lately and my pants are a bit loose.
I was shopping in the kids department a year ago, I'm a US size 6 now.
I can buy big girl pants :lol:

kadesma 10-16-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1195954)
Oh dear, I don't want to lose weight :sad: I was 10kg's under weight, only just recently reached a healthy weight again.
I've always been thin but I was really bad for about 3 years. Couldn't gain weight no matter what I tried. I have found that I'm eating a lot less lately and my pants are a bit loose.
I was shopping in the kids department a year ago, I'm a US size 6 now.
I can buy big girl pants :lol:

That's a nice size 6 I'm a 4 now but that is why I dialyze 3 days a week. it keeps me down and I'm not heavy and feel so much better than before.
kades (ma)

Snip 13 10-16-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesma (Post 1195963)
That's a nice size 6 I'm a 4 now but that is why I dialyze 3 days a week. it keeps me down and I'm not heavy and feel so much better than before.
kades (ma)

Size 4 isn't bad either, I'm pretty tall so it's too small for my frame. I was a size 10-11 kiddies or I just bought size 2 and had them taken in.
My 10 yr old Daughter is wearing my old clothes now, had to shorten the long pants. At least I had money when I bought them, she's chuffed since all my clothes were designer labels.
I'm happy being this size, I have breasts again :rofl:

Kylie1969 11-17-2012 03:51 PM

What a lovely mix of ingredients, thanks Kades :smile:

kadesma 11-17-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylie1969 (Post 1207624)
What a lovely mix of ingredients, thanks Kades :smile:

glad you like this one kylie:yum:
kades

Kylie1969 11-17-2012 08:55 PM

I do, thanks Kades...and Steve wil love the mushrooms :smile: