Dill Dressing TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is good as is over baked potatoes, salads or put in a hollowed out french round mixed into shrimp seafood dip.
ask me about the seafood dip, it's spinach, water chestnuts.cottage cheese crab or shrimp. any who here is the dill dressing. 2 cups yogurt, 3 Tab. mayo, 1 Tab.milk, 1 tab. chopped green onion,, ! tab. dry dill weed, 1/8 tea. celery seed, 1/8 tea. onion powder or more if you like, 1/2 Tab/ fresh chopped parsley. Mix yogurt,mayo, and milk til blended. Store remaining goodies in refrigerator.will make 2 cups.
remember that seafood mixture to go with this and the round of french bread.
kades

Last edited:
That sounds delicious, plans to try that one out on a wrap special for work.

You might want to mix some cottage cheese, frozen spinach,water chestnuts crab, and green onions chopped to go in with the dill dip for your wrap. I'd most likely use Monterey jack or pepper jack instead of cottage cheese.
kades

You might want to mix some cottage cheese, frozen spinach,water chestnuts crab, and green onions chopped to go in with the dill dip for your wrap. I'd most likely use Monterey jack or pepper jack instead of cottage cheese.
kades
That sounds wonderful! I was just thinking of that dressing today & getting the groceries to make it & thought about using sliced chicken breast, fresh spinach & artichokes. the crab idea is a keeper as I am always looking for seafood ideas for lent.

Is there a reason to use dry dill instead of fresh?
I'd give the fresh a try, take a bite and go from there. I've heard that dry is stronger than fresh, but I don't buy that so much I'd just taste and see where it leads me.
kades

Last edited:
I'd give the fresh a try, take a bite and go from there. I've heard that dry is stronger than fresh, but I don't buy that so much I'd just taste and see where it leads me.
kaes
I think the reason that dry herbs are considered stronger is because they crumble and pack down into a smaller volume than the fresh ones. One tablespoon of a fresh herb will dry to about 1 teaspoon.

dried dill weed has such a fresh and bright flavor! i like a light sprinkle on my green salads, in broth and cream soups, as well as cucumbers, fish, green beans, pasta salads, and so on and on....dill wakes up dishes like a dewy spring morning....

vitauta said:
dried dill weed has such a fresh and bright flavor! i like a light sprinkle on my green salads, in broth and cream soups, as well as cucumbers, fish, green beans, pasta salads, and so on and on....dill wakes up dishes like a dewy spring morning....

Such a nice description, Vit! I agree!

taxlady said:
I think the reason that dry herbs are considered stronger is because they crumble and pack down into a smaller volume than the fresh ones. One tablespoon of a fresh herb will dry to about 1 teaspoon.

Actually, it's because the moisture has been evaporated from the herbs, leaving a more concentrated flavor as well as a smaller volume.

I love dill, fresh or dry. It has such a nice flavor. Great in salads, dressings, dips, breads, and my favorite Roasted Red Potatoes w/Dillweed :>)

Actually, it's because the moisture has been evaporated from the herbs, leaving a more concentrated flavor as well as a smaller volume.
Well, it might be more concentrated, but I'm sure some of the flavour and odour evaporate too. I'm sure how much deponds on which herb.

Back
Top Bottom