Chile Rellenos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking for a recipe for Chile Rellenos that is done like a 6" round pancake. There are two places here in Santa Rosa,CA that do them like this. They use anaheim chiles, jack cheese and then a batter that is cooked in oil in a round form. Any one have a recipe like this?

I am looking for a recipe for Chile Rellenos that is done like a 6" round pancake. There are two places here in Santa Rosa,CA that do them like this. They use anaheim chiles, jack cheese and then a batter that is cooked in oil in a round form. Any one have a recipe like this?

I'm kinda lost here. Do they incorporate whole chilis? I can't imagine Chili Rellenos that don't require stuffed whole chilis (pablano in most cases using fresh or the dried version reconstituted, ancho)?

Yes they are canned and stuffed with cheese.

Do you mean that the coating batter spreads out around the chili to form a pancake. Like they purposely over coated the chili or added extra batter in the pan. I'm assuming these are pan fried in shallow oil.

Sounds like maybe they mixed the methods for Salvadoran pupusas and rellenos. The pupusa is kind of a thick masa pancake filled with meat, cheese and vegetables. Much more breadlike. And the nature of rellenos varies some from place to place. Some places, they use big, long peppers and a wet breading that puddles and might well be restrained by a round pan. Here in Tex-Mex, it's always a poblano, although the filling may be cheese or meat and cheese. But it has to be fried crisp, because it's going to be sauced.

Back
Top Bottom