Dinner Saturday 27th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we had atlantic salmon in a homemade red thai curry and basmati rice with pappadoms :)

Tonight I'll be cooking a small prime rib using the perfect prime rib method.
I held back four large mushrooms last night (from my gravy) that I'd love to stuff with shrimp to go along, but I'll have to see what the local grocer offers in the way of shrimp :ermm: Grilled potato and sauteed green beans to go along.

Dinner tonight will be decided later. DH is staffing a political booth at a craft fair today and we hope to go to a marching band competition this evening to see my nephew and niece perform. All plans are flexible thanks to Sandy. It's not raining here yet but we'll see when it's time to go what the weather is like. If we stay home, I'll probably do the ham. If we go to the band show, we'll buy food there since it supports the band.

We ordered take out. I had garlic,chilli and lemon prawns, coleslaw and green salad.
Hubby had ribs and chips and Daniel had bacon, egg and toast. Caitlin was with my ex.
The food was horrible, won't order there again. Guess you can't expect much if you pay R60 ($7.50) for 10 prawns with 2 salads. The prawns were mushy, the salad was limp and the coleslaw tasted like cabbage with sour milk. Yuck!

Last edited:
making lasagna and getting ready for the storm .. and making a whelping box for when the puppies come next week ...

love2"Q" said:
making lasagna and getting ready for the storm .. and making a whelping box for when the puppies come next week ...

Oooh! Puppies! Can't wait to see the baby pics!

I need to spelunk the freezer here.

I'm thinking I'll make pork and tomatillo posole with cheese quesadillas. We picked quite a few tomatillos from the garden the other day.

Just found out we are going to my in-laws for dinner as they are leaving for California Sunday or Monday.

It looks like grilled tenderloin, squash, cabbage rolls and potatoes. I will put together a dessert that everyone can eat! :)

Sauce is coming along great...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121027_162825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121027_162825.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 164
We have a meeting of our dinner club tonight. The theme is Italian. I put together a cold antipasto platter, and am now working on a couple of warm items to bring along, too.

img_1199829_0_8adf818267aa2caf36d5c22042779ad1.jpg

Sauce is coming along great...

It certainly looks it! :yum:

I haven't made lasagna in so long... Maybe more than ten years even :(

My rib roast has been sitting on the counter since 10:15 this morning. It's just now up to an internal temp of 60F, but it wasn't due to go into the oven for another couple hours anyway.

We have a meeting of our dinner club tonight. The theme is Italian. I put together a cold antipasto platter, and am now working on a couple of warm items to bring along, too.

img_1199848_0_8adf818267aa2caf36d5c22042779ad1.jpg

That looks amazing, well done Steve, impressive! :chef:

img_1199851_0_8adf818267aa2caf36d5c22042779ad1.jpg

If I had all the meals you prepare each day I'd be as big as a house! I'd never stop eating :pig:
Looks great as always!

Back
Top Bottom