Dinner Thursday November 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have hamburgers to cook. I think I'm going to roast some potatoes and make some cole slaw to go with the burgers. I was going to make Brunswick stew but got called in to work this morning. Starting the stew at 1pm won't give it enough time to cook down for supper. Guess that will be tomorrow's dinner!

I have to leave early for a condo board meeting so I'll be eating some leftover steak tips and pilaf.

I made a stir fry szechuan chicken dish with broccoli, thin slice carrots, onion, scallions and a half can of water chestnuts. Brown Rice. It's only mid day and I was hungry NOW not later.

I just pulled a slice of prime rib out of the freezer to thaw. I'll give it a couple flips on the grill to warm through. Along with that I'll saute some green beans. Plus I've had a taste for some shrimp Alfredo, so that's in the works, too. Maybe a salad with iceberg lettuce, onions and carrots... I wish I had some croutons... Feeling kind of hungry.

We had Chinese takeout. DH was too hungry to wait for homemade something.

There were two bowls of curried cauliflower soup left over (Must have been Andy and Fiona's :LOL:) so I served them with tuna melts, grape tomatoes and cucumber.

For my light meal I am going to have a ham and Swiss on rye. YUM! :)

Easy quick fix here, Karen's chili over rice. My chili over pasta.:yum:

Got some rib eyes.. will grill them and have some baked taters and green beans along side... Maybe some garlic bread and sliced tomatoes if i have time..

Ham and Swiss on rye sounds really good, but we are having sloppy joes and fries here. I'm still deciding on my veggie. Maybe raw cukes and bell peppers.

:ermm: I made grilled ribeyes and baked potatoes. My husband just walked in with 2 pizzas. He couldn't get a hold of me due to the storm/ phone lines down and my cell was dead. :wacko: Now what to do...

Light dinner tonight. We had oysters, a salad, and a glass of sparkling wine. It's been kind of our November 1st tradition for the last several years.

img_1201502_0_0c65cdee1edf2252cbc3a32b95293b78.jpg

Steve Kroll said:
Light dinner tonight. We had oysters, a salad, and a glass of sparkling wine. It's been kind of our November 1st tradition for the last several years.

I need to get some oysters soon...

We had the French onion soup I made late last night. I used Julia Child's recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I play with it. It was good, but a bit sweeter than I would have preferred. Next time I put more cheese on the slices of toasted baguette floating on the soup. I didn't broil the individual bowls of soup; I stuck the pot in which I made the soup under the broiler with the toasted bread and cheese.

That Gruyere is pricey, but really, really tasty.

Had a very tasty salad to go with that. I put out breads, butter, and cheese, but we had plenty of food with the soup and salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom