Snip's TNT Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Hope you all enjoy this as much as my children do :)

2 and a half cups of all purpose flour
half a cup of brown sugar
quarter cup of white sugar
3 tsps of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
half a tsp of baking soda
half a tsp of ground ginger
4 and a half ounces of softened butter
1 cup of mashed cooked pumpkin
5 tbsps of cultured buttermilk
2 eggs lightly beaten

Sieve all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Beat butter, pumpkin, buttermilk and eggs together well. Mix till just blended with dry ingredients. Don't over mix.

Devide mix into 12 greased muffin pans. Bake for 20 mins in a preheated oven at 390 F or until skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 mins in pans and remove.

These are lovely served with honey and creamed cottage cheese or cream cheese.

It sounds good. Perfect breakfast with a nice cup of coffee...

Or for those "go away I want to stuff my face moments :LOL:"
I hope you'll like them if you do make them :)
If I get any I'm sure I'll love them.
thanks Odette. Cade and I will both love them.
kades

After this year's Halloween, and processing my jack-o-lanterns (2 of them anyways. Still have one more to process.), I have enough pumpkin to make 15 pumpkin pies. I also have over a gallon of pumpkin broth. I'll be making some of those muffins. And I still have one more pumpkin to process.

Oh, and the difference between a winter squash, and a pumpkin, well, it's just what you decide to call them. The great big blue hubbard squash made the most interesting jack-o-lantern, and gave me 150 oz. of silky smooth, mashed squash meat, with superb flavor and color.

The pumpkin was of the bright-orange fairytale variety. It was much stringier, but with a sweeter flavor. The last one is a white pumpkin that is about half the size of the fairytale pumpkin, which was about 15 inches in diameter. The hubbard weighed in at about 25 lbs.

Oh, and Snip, the recipe looks great. Thanks.

Yup, I'm in pumpkin paradise this year.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

After this year's Halloween, and processing my jack-o-lanterns (2 of them anyways. Still have one more to process.), I have enough pumpkin to make 15 pumpkin pies. I also have over a gallon of pumpkin broth. I'll be making some of those muffins. And I still have one more pumpkin to process.

Oh, and the difference between a winter squash, and a pumpkin, well, it's just what you decide to call them. The great big blue hubbard squash made the most interesting jack-o-lantern, and gave me 150 oz. of silky smooth, mashed squash meat, with superb flavor and color.

The pumpkin was of the bright-orange fairytale variety. It was much stringier, but with a sweeter flavor. The last one is a white pumpkin that is about half the size of the fairytale pumpkin, which was about 15 inches in diameter. The hubbard weighed in at about 25 lbs.

Oh, and Snip, the recipe looks great. Thanks.

Yup, I'm in pumpkin paradise this year.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you Chief :) Enjoy! I love all varieties of squash and pumpkin! I could live on the stuff :LOL:
I've made these muffins with hubbard squash, butternuts, silver squash, gem squash and even sweet potatoes. All were good.

I have never tried pumpkin muffins, so these are going to be new for me, looking forward to trying them :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom