Herbal Teas or Tisanes for Health Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
I just love herbal teas and infusions for taste and health. Does anyone else opt for herbal tea when they're feeling under the weather? Do you have any favourites or TNT infusions for ailments? Which teas are your favourite?
I would love to try some new herbal teas, please share your experiences :)
Over the years I have created many blends of my own, here are a few of my favourites.

Relaxation Blend
Red or pink rose petals, a few lavender flowers and leaves, honey and lemon to taste.

Bedtime Tea
Fresh rosemary and lemon thyme with honey and lemon to taste.

After Dinner Blend (Good when you've indulged a bit too much)
Parsley and mint with a dash of lemon.

Chest Soothing Blend
Sprig of thyme, a few nasturtium leaves and flowers, fresh hibiscus flowers or hibiscus tea. Honey and lemon to taste.

Indigestion Remedy Tea
A few whole cloves and aniseed with honey and lemon to taste.

Slimming Blend
Fresh parsley, a few sage leaves and fennel frans with a dash of lemon.

Flu Remedy
Fresh thyme, nasturtium flowers and leaves, fresh ginger with honey and lemon to taste.

Nerve Tonic
Sprig of thyme, one passion fruit flower, a few wild strawberry or domestic strawberry leaves with honey and lemon to taste.

Infuse teas to your taste. When using fresh herbs I use 1/4 cup and dried I use a tsp full per cup. Flowers are stronger in taste so just a few. Steap for 5 -10 mins and strain. Lemon help release the natural oils and make herbal remedies more effective.

I've got many blends but I think I'll wait before posting more. Just want to see if anyone is actually interrested or enjoy infusions as much as I do :)

Last edited:
I love to use herbal remedies. I especially love Hibiscus. Such a deep red, and a surprisingly citrus flavor.

I use a tea bell to make teas from oregano, basil, and thyme, but not rosemary. Rosemary raises your blood pressure abd I already have high blood pressure.

I also have catnip for relaxation, plus several fruit flavors for variety.

Here's a favorite site of mine that explains what these are good for:

Medicinal Herbs Plants Uses

I love to use herbal remedies. I especially love Hibiscus. Such a deep red, and a surprisingly citrus flavor.

I use a tea bell to make teas from oregano, basil, and thyme, but not rosemary. Rosemary raises your blood pressure abd I already have high blood pressure.

I also have catnip for relaxation, plus several fruit flavors for variety.

Here's a favorite site of mine that explains what these are good for:

Medicinal Herbs Plants Uses

I love hibiscus tea! One of my favourites :yum: I've got low blood pressure so I just drink it for other complaints and taste!
I know it is good for lowering blood pressure. I also use catnip tea for my daughter, she's got a bladder problem and catnip as well as rose scented geranium are good for bladder complaints and bedwetting.
I will browse the site, thank you for adding it :)

You're welcome! It's my go to site when I have ailments.

Since you have low blood pressure, try the rosemary tea.

You're welcome! It's my go to site when I have ailments.

Since you have low blood pressure, try the rosemary tea.

I like rosemary tea, with a dash of lemon :yum:

Margaret Roberts is my go to. I have all her books and I go to her herbal centre whenever I get a chance.

Home

Since you love Hibiscus, have you tried Rosehip and Hibiscus tea? The flavour is fantastic and the combo is good for blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, cholesterol, weight gain and it has anti cancer properties.
You find this blend in many different brands. I use the Lipton one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since you love Hibiscus, have you tried Rosehip and Hibiscus tea? The flavour is fantastic and the combo is good for blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, cholesterol, weight gain and it has anti cancer properties.
You find this blend in many different brands. I use the Lipton one.

I haven't tried rose hips yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm almost at the end of a 4 oz. bag of dried hibiscus and will probably reorder soon. I'll get some rose hips too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green tea, not actually a herbal tea but darn I love it! I've been drinking it by the gallon, maybe that's why I don't sleep much. All the caffeine lol!

I've never tried ginseng. I'll have to look for it. I know it's supposed to be very good for you.

I've never tried ginseng. I'll have to look for it. I know it's supposed to be very good for you.

Ginseng is a good all round tonic. Helps control bood sugar and blood pressure, great for fatigue, stress, improves mental and physical capacity, lowers cholesterol and prevents infection to name a few. It's really good for you and it tastes good too!

Back
Top Bottom