Snip's Tuna Mayo Pasta Bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
This dish was dinner tonight. I'm not a big fan of tuna mayo since I don't like mayo but this turned out so yummy I just have to share :yum:

1 pkt of large pasta shells cooked and drained.

2 cans of tuna
1 can of creamstyle sweetcorn
1 onion finely chopped
1 and 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
1 cup of milk
1 cup of cream
3 eggs beaten
aromat or seasoning salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup of grated cheddar
1 cup of grated mozzarella
2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced

Mix drained tuna, sweetcorn, chopped onion, mayonnaise, milk and cream well. Add aromat or seasoning salt and black pepper to taste. Once seasoned enough add the beaten eggs and half of the cheddar. Mix in the cooked pasta shells. Spoon evenly into large lasagna dish. Top with tomato slices and all the leftover grated cheese mixed.
Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper.
Bake for 40 mins at 320F and place under the broiler or grill for 5 more minutes to brown cheese.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve as is or with a crisp green salad.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
This sounds like a delcious rib sticker. Common ingredients, too.
And I just happen to have a couple small tomatoes I need to use up.

How big are your packets of pasta? Ours typically come in one pound (uncooked).

It was yummy thanks Pac :) Our pasta pkts are about the same size. Just converted it and there's so little difference in weight it will work just fine after you've eaten a cooked shell to check if it's done :LOL:
Hope you like it, it really is a rib sticker :pig:

Thank you :) I'm on a bit of a cooking mission at the moment so I'm sure I'll have new recipes soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just incase you need this info. Our tuna comes in 6 ounce cans and the creamstyle corn in 14.4 ounce cans.

It's darn good is right. Thanks for posting this, Snip. I love a new recipe.

I mixed up a bit and put the tomatoes on top instead of under the cheese layer, but a little grated parm on top before I broiled and I was happy with it.
Delicious :yum: It has a nice little sharpness to it.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 298
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 323

I mixed up a bit and put the tomatoes on top instead of under the cheese layer, but a little grated parm on top before I broiled and I was happy with it.

Pac...looking good :yum:

You made it :) Looks delicious:yum: Glad you liked it! Thank you for sharing your twist, it's a new creation so I would love to try some other ways of making it too!

Thank you for the pics Pac :) My camera is broken so I can't post photo's and as a bonus it looks just like mine! You rock :clap:

This is a keeper according to my family. One son doesn't care for tuna but he ate it without complaint which is a good thing. Thanks Snip for sharing!

Wow that looks good!

This is a keeper according to my family. One son doesn't care for tuna but he ate it without complaint which is a good thing. Thanks Snip for sharing!

Glad it was enjoyed :) My husband doesn't like tuna either and he had 4 servings :LOL: Just love these little happy accidents. It was a clean out the pantry meal !

Thank you so much for the feedback :)

I'm going to try this one, but swap out the corn for peas. I really don't like corn cooked in things.

Back
Top Bottom