Cheeseburger Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I got this recipe from a food forum member a while back and as I tend to do when I see a recipe I like the looks of, I made it. And on my recipe sheet I wrote "excellent!", so I must have liked it :yum:
From the looks of things I halved it, used homemade fries, fresh tomatoes in the mixture, left off the relish and in my notes I wrote down turbinado sugar. I guess I didn't have any brown sugar on hand. Basically it looks like any of your favorite sloppy Joe mixture will work. So here you go :chef:

Mrs Whisky's Cheeseburger Casserole

2c frozen fries
1lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4c ketchup
2Tbs packed light brown sugar
6 seeded hamburger buns, split
8oz cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
1 tomato sliced
2Tbs pickle relish

Preheat oven and cook fries, reserve. Reduce to 350F.
Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and add next six ingredients. Cook until beef is browned.
Stir in diced tomatoes with juice, ketchup and sugar. Heat through for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Line baking dish with roll tops & bottoms, cutting to fit.
Top with half of meat mixture, then half of cheese.
Top with remaining rolls, then rest of meat mixture, then fries and remaining cheese.
Bake at 350F for twenty minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with tomato slices and relish.

Attachments

• cheeseburger casserole1.jpg
    cheeseburger casserole1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 486
  • cheeseburger casserole2.jpg
    cheeseburger casserole2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 268
  • cheeseburger casserole3.jpg
    cheeseburger casserole3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 263
  • cheeseburger casserole4.jpg
    cheeseburger casserole4.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 300
Thank You

Thank you so much Pecanis. This looks wonderful. And Filling! I rate my tried recipes with stars, like a hotel rating. One star * ok.
Three stars *** Great!
Can't wait to try this:)

Last edited:
Now there's something really different Pac! I would have never guessed from reading the recipe that it would turn out to be as good as it looks so thanks for the pictures. It looks scrumptious and I will definitely give it a go. Great idea also to half the recipe and use a loaf pan as that will work perfect for the two of us.

Hope those with kids will see it......kids should love this!

Thanks Pacanis,
my DH is going to give a hollar over this and I will add the pickle relish he loves it.
kades

Thanks foks. It was a unique sounding recipe for sure, but I'm glad I tried it. I'll be making it again here shortly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom