Dinner Monday 12th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since my wife leaves on Friday for England and will be there on business during the Thanksgiving holiday, we decided to have our own mini-Thanksgiving tomorrow night. We're not having turkey (neither of us really loves it all that much), but rather a roast chicken. We're also having cranberries poached in wine, and "dressing" made from barley, wild rice, and mushrooms. :yum:

Last edited:
Steve, that sounds really nice, I am the same, I love roast chicken more so than turkey :)

Homemade pie Yum kylie :)

I made Hamburger Soup. Couldn't check the recipe on DC since my daughter was on the internet. I had to wing it lol! Came out great though!

Prepping today's menu: Braised kobe steak, bacon wrapped shrimp, red bliss potatoes, broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms.

Attachments

• SAM_1742.jpg
    SAM_1742.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 247
Have choral society rehearsal tonight so it has to be something quick. Hamburgers it is! Have some chips and applesauce. Was going to have salads but DH was home today for Veterans day and ate it all for his lunch!

Lunch is pretty much carrying me over, but if I get hungry later I'll probably make a BLT.

SO and I took our grandson out for lunch and to shop for his birthday so we're not real hungry.

SO has some leftover steak salad from last night's dinner. I'll do a couple of hot dogs.

Tonight's Dinner - Braise kobe steak & bacon wrapped shrimp

Braised kobe steak, bacon wrapped shrimp, red bliss potatoes, broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms.

Attachments

• SAM_1754.jpg
    SAM_1754.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 211
  • SAM_1761.jpg
    SAM_1761.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 209
  • SAM_1768.jpg
    SAM_1768.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 208
  • SAM_1769.jpg
    SAM_1769.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 212
Since my wife leaves on Friday for England and will be there on business during the Thanksgiving holiday, we decided to have our own mini-Thanksgiving tomorrow night. We're not having turkey (neither of us really loves it all that much), but rather a roast chicken. We're also having cranberries poached in wine, and "dressing" made from barley, wild rice, and mushrooms. :yum:
The whole chicken was still frozen in the middle, so I ran up to the store and bought chicken breasts, which I cooked with a pan sauce. Overall it still came out pretty good. :chef:

img_1205615_0_566137b876a44b99901c74f37ecd1c86.jpg

ChefDB said:
Prepping today's menu: Braised kobe steak, bacon wrapped shrimp, red bliss potatoes, broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms.

Where did you find Kobe beef, Chef? I thought it was only available in Japan, and maybe to a very few restaurants here?

Last edited:
I finished the pot of my Avgolemono inspired soup I made for breakfast (turkey stock, turkey gravy, carrots, Brussels sprouts, chopped, rutabaga, winter squash, turkey, black beans, onion, jalapeno pepper, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, 2T of my friend's homemade curry powder, evap. milk). Topped with lemon zest and fresh coriander. Because of the curry powder, it was "bright yellow" and because of the gravy, it was a thick soup. I ate it all day and feel better. But, it could have been the ColdFX or the hot tomato juice-garlic-cayenne pepper beverages I've been drinking off and on all day.

I know--it doesn't really sound like Avgolemono--but it had lemon and egg in it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom