trivia 11/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 11/12
DID YOU KNOW...
The first ATM was put into use in 1959 in the Kingsdale Shopping Center in Upper Arlington, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus.

1. Who offered the first toy prize found in a box of cereal?
a. - Quaker Instant Oatmeal
b. - Ralston Chex Cereal
c. Kellogg's Corn Flakes
d. - Maypo Hot Cereal
2. What is the material applied to ceramics before baking called ?
3. A horse took a ride in the White House elevator while this president was in office............
4. What is the currency of India ?
5. Who Am I ?
I was a Portuguese explorer. With the help of the Spanish king I began the first attempt to circumnavigate the globe. Unfortunately, I did not make it as a little disagreement with some chiefs in the Philippines resulted in my death.
6. What is the top speed of Amtrak’s Acela Express, the fastest train in the USA ?
7. What 1996 Tim Burton film was based on a series of bubble gum Trading Cards ?
8. What 1987 Rod Ameteau film was based on a series of bubble gum trading cards ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Contrary to the legend, Stanley didn’t rescue Livingston from the Amazon Jungle.
1. – c (in 1909)
2. Glaze
3. Teddy Roosevelt
4. the Rupee
5. Ferdinand Magellan
6. 150 MPH
7. Mars Attacks
8. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie
TRUTH !!
In 1871, journalist Henry M. Stanley met missionary David Livingstone. Though many think that Livingstone was lost - he was actually just sick. Stanley became famous for his "rescue" of the Scottish missionary and explorer when actually Stanley brought much-needed food and medicine, and Livingstone soon recovered. Livingstone remained in Africa for quite some time after Stanley returned to civilization.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom