Breville Deep Fryer (review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
Breville BDF600XL Deep Fryer
1800 Watts
Variable temperature control.
Removable enamel coated Oil Vessel with pouring spout.
Hold about 3qts + 1 cup of oil.
2.2 Lb. Frying Basket
Frying basket can be locked into a load or drain position with or without the lid in place.
Lid has permanent mesh screen filter/easy cleaning.
Auto shut-off safety feature prevents oil from overheating.
Lid w/viewing window.

As some of you may have guessed by now I love the Breville products. We now have nearly all of them except a few.
We have had this deep fryer for several months and loving it.
It may not be good for larger families unless you are willing to wait for your share of the goods to cook, but it is perfect for 2, 3, or even 4 people.
I have only used it once with the lid on. The heat does steam-up the viewing window. I find the window unnecessary anyway.
I like that it uses less oil than a lot of other deep fryers yet the flat laying heating element allows for more room than I first thought.
(Holds about 6 chicken wings or drumsticks per load without crowding).
Nice stainless steel exterior.
It has a 'breakaway' magnetic cord that works great.
5 heat settings range from LOW -- 375 degrees. I have not calibrated the actual heat but it does get plenty hot to fry anything.
The inner pan has a pouring spout which is convenient when cleaning. I pour the cooled oil through a steel strainer (flour sifter) then pour the oil back into the original container.
I have been using 3 qts. of canola oil which I have been able to recycle around 4 or 5 times before replacing. I could use it a couple more times but I choose to have 'cleaner looking' oil a bit sooner.
I label, date, and write what was fried on the outside of the oil container after each use, then store in the pantry. (wouldn't want to fry desserts in fish oil)
I can recommend this product to anyone looking for a good deep fry.
Over-all this is a great product and lives up to the Breville standards & ours. :)

Attachments

• Breville Deep Fryer1.jpg
    Breville Deep Fryer1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 589
  • Breville Deep Fryer2.jpg
    Breville Deep Fryer2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Breville Deep Fryer3.jpg
    Breville Deep Fryer3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 552
  • Breville Deep Fryer4.jpg
    Breville Deep Fryer4.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 559
Good to know. You mentioned you have many breville products. Do you have the juicer? What are your thoughts? I bought it but it broke Nd deciding if to get replacement or refund.

Good to know. You mentioned you have many breville products. Do you have the juicer? What are your thoughts? I bought it but it broke Nd deciding if to get replacement or refund.

I do have the 5 speed juicer. I really like it. Have had no problems. I actually lost 20 Lbs. in 2 weeks when I first got it. Like many others I saw the "Sick & Nearly Dead" videos that were going around and I ordered the juicer for health purposes. I still have it on the counter and use it often for making all sorts of wonderful juices. My summer favorite was 'Watermelon Lemonade'. A recipe in the user manual. Very simple.
You should take advantage of your warranty. I hear Breville is excellent with customer service. I have even heard of them replacing products that are out of warranty. Probably depending on the circumstances of course. Keep me posted! :)

Back
Top Bottom