New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocalagal50

Assistant Cook
Hello,
My name is susie I am new to this site..
I am going to cook a turkey this Thanksgiving in a roaster oven for the first time..I am thinking a 20 pound turkey..The roaster oven is a GE roaster oven if that matters..How long do I cook it in the roaster oven? and what temp should it be on?
This is my first time cooking a turkey in 5 years so any help and tips would be nice of cooking a turkey..
Thanks.:)
susie

Hello,
My name is susie I am new to this site..
I am going to cook a turkey this Thanksgiving in a roaster oven for the first time..I am thinking a 20 pound turkey..The roaster oven is a GE roaster oven if that matters..How long do I cook it in the roaster oven? and what temp should it be on?
This is my first time cooking a turkey in 5 years so any help and tips would be nice of cooking a turkey..
Thanks.:)
susie

Hello Susie and welcome to DC, lovely to have you onboard :)

Welcome to DC!

Check out the Butterball Turkey Hotline, they know everything about cooking turkeys!

Hi. Welcome. The turkey is done when the thigh meat reaches 180 degrees. You can find approximate times on the package or on line, but the true way of knowing when it is done is by checking the temperature. Also, don't forget that if you stuff the turkey it will take longer to roast. In the roaster oven be sure not to add any liquid, or you won't have a brown turkey. I also put paprika on my turkey if I use the roaster oven. I actually prefer to use the oven where the turkey gets a beautiful brown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom